Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Drop bar road ebike

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Drop bar road ebike

Old 10-13-21, 11:07 AM
IcySwan1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Lazurm, I think you are correct about the Creo. I will check it out further. Thanks.

Mike
Old 10-13-21, 12:45 PM
2old

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Liked 357 Times in 266 Posts
Originally Posted by lazurm View Post
Besides its cost and limited production, its motor only delivers a maximum of 15 Nm and 200 watts of force and its 85 watt hour battery very limited range, though one can opt for the 193 watt hour battery with its a little longer limited range. The Ares is amazing in terms of the engineering and looks and it serves as an inspiration for the direction this market may be going to but, otherwise, I'd pass.
Guess who gets my vote for Mr Obvious today? Only posted because there might be an individual interested in the technology.
Old 10-13-21, 08:11 PM
lazurm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"Mr. Obvious"? How so?

Originally Posted by 2old View Post
Guess who gets my vote for Mr Obvious today? Only posted because there might be an individual interested in the technology.
The high price may be obvious but the power and battery specs weren't. I looked that information up and it wasn't stated in this thread. Please consider the benefits of controlling what appears to be your negatively sarcastic tendencies while uplifting the promise of the internet.
Old 10-13-21, 09:37 PM
2old

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Liked 357 Times in 266 Posts
Originally Posted by lazurm View Post
The high price may be obvious but the power and battery specs weren't. I looked that information up and it wasn't stated in this thread. Please consider the benefits of controlling what appears to be your negatively sarcastic tendencies while uplifting the promise of the internet.
What did you expect from a 19 pound bike? I'll ignore your tripe from now on. Too bad, this used to be a forum for really friendly exchange of information.

Last edited by 2old; 10-13-21 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-15-21, 01:02 PM
voldemort
Sheik Yerbouti

Location: in the state of Confusion, formerly from state of Denial

Bikes: 2006 Trek Pilot 2.1, Jamis Sputnik 2009

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
How about an Orbea?

I've been looking into the Orbea Gain new e-road bike. It's available in either aluminum or carbon-fiber. Several different options available. Just a little over 30 pounds, if I remember correctly. I like that the battery is integrated into the frame so that it doesn't scream "fancy electric road bike-STEAL ME". It is designed very much as an electric assist, meaning you can make adjustments to get as much of a workout as you want; the motor doesn't take over.
Likes For voldemort:
Old 10-15-21, 04:06 PM
Calsun

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 17 Posts
I bought a Specialized Turbo Creo SL which is a class III bike so it does not stop providing assist at 18 mph which is important to me. I like to power up the slopes where there are rolling hills and having the motor cut out midway on the hill would be a pain. The Creo SL comp weighs 27 lbs including its battery pack and it is lighter than my regular hardtail mountain bikes. Where I like it is when there is a 10 mph or stronger headwind as I can go faster and further with the bit of assist from the bike's motor. The Creo only provides power assist when pedaling and there are multiple power settings and these I can tune with a smartphone app.

Specialized also sells a 160WH range extender battery pack that mounts like a second water bottle to the downtube. Not cheap but it allows one to use higher power settings with little worry about running out of juice.
Likes For Calsun: