Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Dahon Speed D7 4130 chromoly bottom bracket size

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-21, 10:31 PM
Kruelius

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm new here to this forum so go easy on me. I found a Dahon folding bike in my aunt's room just collecting dust and she let me have it for my 19th birthday. I cleaned it up and pumped some air to the inner tube. Recently I've been seeing a lot of ebike conversion videos and it made me want to convert my Dahon to an ebike using a mid motor drive. I've looked everywhere to find the bottom Bracket length and diameter size but no luck. Does anyone have the bottom Bracket measurements for this bike?
Old 11-02-21, 02:07 AM
philpeugeot 

Bikes: Bike Friday PRP, Bike Friday NWT, Bromton M6R, 1991 Miyata 914, 1991 Miyata 1000, 1986 Raleigh Portage, many more frames

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 346 Times in 181 Posts
Dahon uses pretty standard stuff, so the bottom bracket will be no different from industry standard. You're probably looking at a British threaded bottom bracket. I don't know anything about e-bike conversions but you might find it useful to record the bottom bracket spindle length if possible.
Old 11-12-21, 04:40 AM
Kruelius

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by philpeugeot
Dahon uses pretty standard stuff, so the bottom bracket will be no different from industry standard. You're probably looking at a British threaded bottom bracket. I don't know anything about e-bike conversions but you might find it useful to record the bottom bracket spindle length if possible.
Hello and sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your answer. Your correct, the bottom bracket was standard size.
Old 11-12-21, 08:41 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,676 Times in 827 Posts
I found this video. Don;t know how specific he gets.