Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Ride Videos

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-23, 10:28 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by onekgguy
Following my own personal tradition, I made my way to the river trails near the MSP airport for 25 miles (40 km) of snowy trail riding. Winter cycling in Minnesota doesn't get any better than this with a temp just below freezing and light winds. Happy New Year, all!
that edge trail, when it's close to the edge & off-camber, looks like 1 slip & you're crashing thru the ice. ever have a close call?
Old 01-01-23, 10:39 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Bikes: Collage Super, Eisentraut Ltd, Sarma Shaman (fatty), Giant Revolt Advanced 0 (gravel), Orbea Oiz M20 (mtb)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
that edge trail, when it's close to the edge & off-camber, looks like 1 slip & you're crashing thru the ice. ever have a close call?
Not that I can recall. Yeah, you do want to pay attention and not let yourself become distracted through those areas. I have heard of the very occasional mishap but it's seldom.

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 01-05-23, 09:07 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Bikes: Collage Super, Eisentraut Ltd, Sarma Shaman (fatty), Giant Revolt Advanced 0 (gravel), Orbea Oiz M20 (mtb)

Winter Wonderland!

After two days of snow totaling 20 inches (50 cm), I had to make my way to the river trails to take in the beauty. They didn't disappoint! We've got some fantastic people who groom the trails with their Snowdog. It wouldn't be near as fun without all of their hard work!

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 01-06-23, 05:15 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

After two days of snow totaling 20 inches (50 cm), I had to make my way to the river trails to take in the beauty. They didn't disappoint! We've got some fantastic people who groom the trails with their Snowdog. It wouldn't be near as fun without all of their hard work!
beautiful. watched this before bed last night. thank you for taking the time to edit & share it
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 01-06-23, 12:11 PM
onekgguy
Retired

beautiful. watched this before bed last night. thank you for taking the time to edit & share it
Thanks so much! It's kind of nice our weather has slowed the trees to hold onto most of the snowfall. Driving through our neighborhood is like something out of a postcard.

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 02-13-23, 01:54 PM
onekgguy
Retired

A Beautiful Sunday Afternoon

I got together with some friends yesterday afternoon ahead of the Super Bowl to burn off a few calories before sitting down to watch the game. It's been since last fall that I've done any road riding. It was nice to be out again. The gravel roads we typically opt for are still ice covered in many areas so we kept to the pavement. The temp was just above freezing with very little wind—an ideal day for this time of year in Minnesota.

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 03-25-23, 10:35 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Area 57 Cafe Rendezvous

Here is some video from my ride yesterday from Northfield to Wanamingo, Mn for a rendezvous with some friends at Area 57 Cafe. It was such a beautiful winter-like spring day to be riding gravel. The temp was 26ºf (-3ºc) to begin the ride with light winds out of the east - and sunny skies! We rode a little more than 60 miles (97 km) with about 3000 feet (910 meters) of climbing.

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 03-27-23, 08:56 AM
rumrunn6

Here is some video from my ride yesterday from Northfield to Wanamingo, Mn for a rendezvous with some friends at Area 57 Cafe. It was such a beautiful winter-like spring day to be riding gravel. The temp was 26ºf (-3ºc) to begin the ride with light winds out of the east - and sunny skies! We rode a little more than 60 miles (97 km) with about 3000 feet (910 meters) of climbing.
https://youtu.be/qdndbvx58GU
did you go down in the soft dirt, or just lay the bike down? looks like the rest of the ride was just fine
Old 03-27-23, 09:01 AM
onekgguy
Retired

did you go down in the soft dirt, or just lay the bike down? looks like the rest of the ride was just fine
I couldn't get my boot unclipped in time and went down. More speed and I would've powered through it but we were riding at an easy pace. Actually, the roads were in really good shape for this time of year with the exception of a few patches of peanut butter-like consistency.

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 03-27-23, 09:10 AM
rumrunn6

I couldn't get my boot unclipped in time and went down. More speed and I would've powered through it but we were riding at an easy pace. Actually, the roads were in really good shape for this time of year with the exception of a few patches of peanut butter-like consistency.
that stuff always feels like fly-paper to me
Old 03-27-23, 09:17 AM
work4bike

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3773 Post(s)
Liked 1,043 Times in 789 Posts
This is a Thanksgiving ride my LBS does every year. Pretty good music choice.

Likes For work4bike:
Old 03-27-23, 09:22 AM
onekgguy
Retired

that stuff always feels like fly-paper to me
Ha! Or quicksand!

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 03-27-23, 09:24 AM
onekgguy
Retired

Originally Posted by work4bike
This is a Thanksgiving ride my LBS does every year. Pretty good music choice.

https://youtu.be/o7Qij_Lo0sQ
Excellent choice in music. That entire album is great!

Kevin g
Old 04-09-23, 01:36 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Breezy Friday

It's nice to have some milder temps to work with so I can be out on my gravel bike. I've been missing it. Here's some video from my ride on Friday afternoon.

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 04-26-23, 10:43 AM
onekgguy
Retired

TNG - Loop to Randolph via Burma Pass

Here are a few snippets from our well-attended Tuesday Night Gravel ride out of Northfield, Mn with the Cannon Valley Velo Club. The temps were a little on the cool side (again) but a beautiful night otherwise. We had upwards of 40 riders but we did eventually break up into smaller, more manageable groups along the way. If you're in the Northfield area and are looking to take part in our rides, I'm sure there's a group that will be a good fit with your ability on the bike.

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 05-02-23, 11:11 PM
john m flores 
Rider. Wanderer. Creator.

Bikes: Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, Cinelli Hobootleg, Zizzo Liberte

Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 772 Times in 375 Posts
Likes For john m flores:
Old 05-04-23, 11:14 PM
onekgguy
Retired

A Windy and Cool TNG

Here are some snippets of video from our recent windy and cool Tuesday Night Gravel ride out of Northfield, Mn with the Cannon Valley Velo Club. We're experiencing upwards of 40 riders turning out for our 5:30 start from Bridge Square in the heart of the city. We break up into several groups along the way as the ride shakes out. Come join us if you're in the area!

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 05-05-23, 12:07 PM
rumrunn6

Here are some snippets of video from our recent windy and cool Tuesday Night Gravel ride out of Northfield, Mn with the Cannon Valley Velo Club. We're experiencing upwards of 40 riders turning out for our 5:30 start from Bridge Square in the heart of the city. We break up into several groups along the way as the ride shakes out. Come join us if you're in the area!
got home before dark!
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 05-05-23, 12:42 PM
onekgguy
Retired

got home before dark!
We came prepared with lights!

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 05-12-23, 10:14 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Thursday Afternoon Gravel Ride

I've been enjoying my gravel bike this spring which has been nice because I sort of neglected it last year in favor of more time spent on my road bike. I forgot how much I missed the solitude of quiet gravel roads. It's nice to be back.

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 05-15-23, 09:40 AM
rumrunn6

I've been enjoying my gravel bike this spring which has been nice because I sort of neglected it last year in favor of more time spent on my road bike. I forgot how much I missed the solitude of quiet gravel roads. It's nice to be back.
https://youtu.be/O4Gh8BwFDO4
yikes! weren't you tempted to hop off the road for a second to let the grader pass when it was coming toward you? but it was cool when you passed him from behind! interesting highlight!
Old 05-16-23, 08:45 AM
onekgguy
Retired

yikes! weren't you tempted to hop off the road for a second to let the grader pass when it was coming toward you? but it was cool when you passed him from behind! interesting highlight!
It was a little close but the driver was tracking a straight line and leaving me just enough road to work with. But you're right, there was a short moment where I considered other options.

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 05-21-23, 03:39 PM
onekgguy
Retired

The Heywood Ride (55) 2023

The Heywood Ride for 2023 is in the books. Marty, Ben, and Michael, our hosts, couldn't have scripted better weather. Many thanks to them for putting on such a stellar event once again! The only downside for me was a broken rear derailleur cable at mile 40, leaving me to push a higher gear than my knees liked the final hour. But what a fun time and a great event! Check the video's description for links.

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 05-21-23, 07:12 PM
rumrunn6

The Heywood Ride for 2023 is in the books. Marty, Ben, and Michael, our hosts, couldn't have scripted better weather. Many thanks to them for putting on such a stellar event once again! The only downside for me was a broken rear derailleur cable at mile 40, leaving me to push a higher gear than my knees liked the final hour. But what a fun time and a great event! Check the video's description for links.
wow, gorgeous day! what were the temps?
Old 05-21-23, 08:56 PM
onekgguy
Retired

wow, gorgeous day! what were the temps?
We started in the low 50s and finished at something near 70 I would guess. Not too hot or too cold - just right.

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.