Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

SBT Gravel 2023

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-23, 04:40 PM
DHDgravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SBT Gravel 2023

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I was lucky enough to have my number selected in the lottery for SBT Gravel ride this year. Does anyone have some tips for successfully completing the Blue Course?

Thank you

DHDgravel
Old 02-19-23, 06:56 PM
mtn_cyclist

Bikes: DEAN Duke titanium soft tail, DEAN Torrys titanium gravel bike, Merlin Telluride titanium tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 16 Posts
SBT is not a very technical or rough course. The gravel there is sometimes described as "champagne." It's also does not have tons of vert. That being said, you'll be riding 100 miles at altitude. The best thing to insure success is to have your hydration and nutrition nailed. Find a training plan or coach ASAP and follow it. You can run fast tires. I would run 40mm but personal preference varies. Pace smart, eat and drink as required, and have fun!