Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

$35 Fixies at Target

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

$35 Fixies at Target

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-13, 07:59 PM
seanifred

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseyJim
I call Bull****.
feel free to contact the prick. i'm not going to.
Old 02-17-13, 11:40 AM
az_andrew

Bikes: 2009 Masi Speciale Fixed LTD, 1993 Specialized Allez Transition, 2012 Cinelli Gazzetta (in progress)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
some people need their asses kicked.
Old 02-17-13, 11:55 AM
pastoria

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have seen these on NY Craigslist for $200.
Old 02-17-13, 08:01 PM
Dabbling Runner

Bikes: 2010 Schwinn Madison, 1997 GT Timberline S/S Conversion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/bik/3621729778.html
Old 02-18-13, 01:12 PM
JohnnyBighead

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Has anybody found one of these recently for $35 (or $60)? I am in upstate South Carolina and Targets here have them in stock for $119.... I am in at $35, not even close at $119.00. My closest Target had three assembled and ready to go....
Old 02-18-13, 01:54 PM
Cappuccino
No brakes. Can't stop.

Bikes: Rusty 63cm Azuki.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've seen some people on r/fgb and r/bicycling sub******s post theirs that they've picked up for $35, but here they're $80 in target, which is what price I got mine at.
Old 02-18-13, 03:39 PM
bhtooefr

Bikes: 2002 Dahon Boardwalk 1, 2003 Sun EZ-Sport Limited, 2011 TerraTrike Path 8, 2018 Gazelle Arroyo C8 HMB

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The other day, I went to Tarjay for something, and decided to make fun of the fixie they had.

"Fully assembled" my ass, the brake pads didn't even touch the rim when you grabbed the brakes fully!

And they wanted $99 for it. (Heath, OH, FWIW.)
Old 02-18-13, 05:52 PM
paktinat

Bikes: a few crappy ones.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyBighead
Has anybody found one of these recently for $35 (or $60)?
I grabbed one at $60 in central ohio. a different target in the area had them at the 120. Seems like you just have to look around.
Old 02-18-13, 07:35 PM
misskaz
sqrl

Bikes: bieks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Target doesn't have the fixie model at all at any price.
Old 02-18-13, 07:38 PM
Gravity Aided

Bikes: Trek 600 ,1980Raleigh Competition G.S., 1986 Schwinn Passage, Facet Biotour 2000, Falcon San Remo 531,Schwinn Sierra, Sun Seeker tricycle recumbent,1985 Bianchi Squadra

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
60.00 at my Target in Central Illinois, seems like too much...
Old 02-18-13, 08:19 PM
Street rider
We win all charity rides

Bikes: BMX, fixed gear

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by misskaz
My Target doesn't have the fixie model at all at any price.
I live in a college town, and they never had them out on the floor. The one I work at in grand rapids had a few of them that were kept in the back. Pretty sure they never even went on sale, either.
Old 02-18-13, 09:59 PM
the fly

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Y'all got me worked up into a lather to make a run to my Target before they were all gone. When I got there, they had 9, for 119 a piece. Uglier than I imagined, but I'd probably blow 60 on one.
Old 02-19-13, 08:29 AM
mrtidy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Target had it with no price tag. (The only bike in the place without a tag.) The sales guy scanned it and said $99. I wonder if the missing price tag might have had a lower clearance price. He said he didn't know.
That being said, I might have bought it for $30, I would have hesitated a bit at $60.
What bugged me most were those stupid green tires!
Old 02-19-13, 09:16 AM
Joelpatrick

Bikes: Cannondale Quick 4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys. I thought I might find a thread about this bike in this forum. I usually frequent the hybrid section. I was able to have someone pick me one up in Baton Rouge, LA for $35 as I couldn't find any around here in New Orleans. I've been looking for a cheap bike that I wouldn't mind locking up and risk getting stolen. I currently ride a Cannondale Quick 4 hybrid as my primary and even though its not super expensive, I don't risk locking it up anywhere. I'm going to use this as a sort of "pub bike" or for when guests want to go on a short little ride. I've already swapped the green tires with the stock tires that came on my Quick, Kenda Kwik 700x32. I also flipped it to the freewheel side as fixed gear wasn't my thing and I doubt most guests will like it either. I'll be spray painting it black this week, swapping the saddle to a cheapo black saddle, adding some cheap lights and a cheap u lock. All that for another $35 from Amazon that should arrive tomorrow. So for a little over $70 total investment it should be done. I'll post photos when its complete.

I went a few miles with it yesterday. According to my friend with a speedometer on his bike, we were crusing around 20mph and it didn't feel too terrible. I still need to adjust a few things. The brakes don't stop too well but I'll just be careful. I'll probably end up babying this bike as much as my other since I don't want to put it through too much and risk it breaking. In all honesty, when guests want to ride I'll probably let them ride my Cannondale and I'll jump on this bike rather than put them at risk. HA!

On a side note. I'm new to biking. I only started about 7 months ago but I've put over 1,000 miles on my Quick so far(according to my cycling computer). I think this bike will make a good "project" for me to tinker around with and maybe learn a few things without risking my other bike which I use to commute to work a few times a week. I think the fun I'll have painting it and tinkering with it will be worth the $35 already.

Here's how it sits as of now.

Last edited by Joelpatrick; 02-19-13 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-19-13, 09:26 AM
street_sweeper

Bikes: ones with two wheels

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
these things are cheap, they few a little lighter than the thruster fixie's and it appears to have more desirable features but upon closer inspection the target bike seemed of lower quality. the paint had runs in it. my lbs(bicycle recycling shop) bought 2 of them to strip and use for parts. i got the crank set off one of them for one of my rain bikes and the chain ring isnt circle. guess these come with bi-paces.
Old 02-19-13, 10:20 AM
Glynis27
Spinning @ 33 RPM

Bikes: '89 Fuji Saratoga, '97 Schwinn Mesa SS, '07 Felt F1X, '10 Transition TransAM, '11 Soma Analog SS

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
They are $119 here in the 2 stores I've checked. They had quite a few "built" and on the floor. If they drop below $50, I'd consider one for messing around on.
Old 02-19-13, 10:37 AM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Someone should take a photo of the bike on the shelf for $39 and tell the location of the store.

Most likely if another store has them not marked down, you can show the picture and tell the store number and I'd bet they'd honor the price from the other store.

From my experience with retail chains, markdowns are usually retailer-wide or at the very least, region specific. There are exceptions to this rule, Whole Foods, for example, but I'd guess Target to be more like standard big box stores. Usually, all stores will receive a memo to mark the item down/clearance the item, if the manager misses that communication, no markdown takes place and 3 months later when the batch comes in the manger throws a fit because he doesn't have room for the new assortment, complains about it, and then gets a memo from corp that the bike should have clearanced months ago and thats why he still has stock.
Old 02-19-13, 10:47 AM
Joelpatrick

Bikes: Cannondale Quick 4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is the posting on slickdeals which lead me to the bike in the first place. https://slickdeals.net/f/5829830-35-9...ed-Target-YMMV The OP posted an inventory checker and his location. A few other people posted their experiences. I will warn you that the inventory checker was not very accurate for me. It showed the store closest to me as being "in stock" and after multiple visits and having them check in the back it was never found in the store. The guy that picked mine up found it in Baton Rouge, LA on Seigen Ln but found that the Target on Millerville was still priced at $60. He didn't attempt to price match. A guy in the above posted thread says that Target clearance deals vary store to store and they don't price match but it's worth a shot.
Old 02-19-13, 12:11 PM
SSbalt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joelpatrick
Hey guys. I thought I might find a thread about this bike in this forum. I usually frequent the hybrid section. I was able to have someone pick me one up in Baton Rouge, LA for $35 as I couldn't find any around here in New Orleans. I've been looking for a cheap bike that I wouldn't mind locking up and risk getting stolen. I currently ride a Cannondale Quick 4 hybrid as my primary and even though its not super expensive, I don't risk locking it up anywhere. I'm going to use this as a sort of "pub bike" or for when guests want to go on a short little ride. I've already swapped the green tires with the stock tires that came on my Quick, Kenda Kwik 700x32. I also flipped it to the freewheel side as fixed gear wasn't my thing and I doubt most guests will like it either. I'll be spray painting it black this week, swapping the saddle to a cheapo black saddle, adding some cheap lights and a cheap u lock. All that for another $35 from Amazon that should arrive tomorrow. So for a little over $70 total investment it should be done. I'll post photos when its complete.

I went a few miles with it yesterday. According to my friend with a speedometer on his bike, we were crusing around 20mph and it didn't feel too terrible. I still need to adjust a few things. The brakes don't stop too well but I'll just be careful. I'll probably end up babying this bike as much as my other since I don't want to put it through too much and risk it breaking. In all honesty, when guests want to ride I'll probably let them ride my Cannondale and I'll jump on this bike rather than put them at risk. HA!

On a side note. I'm new to biking. I only started about 7 months ago but I've put over 1,000 miles on my Quick so far(according to my cycling computer). I think this bike will make a good "project" for me to tinker around with and maybe learn a few things without risking my other bike which I use to commute to work a few times a week. I think the fun I'll have painting it and tinkering with it will be worth the $35 already.

Here's how it sits as of now.

Interesting, thanks for the post.
Old 02-19-13, 05:49 PM
SwiftySS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joelpatrick

Sooo much better with black tires.

A friend and I picked up couple of these for $35 a piece here in Fort Wayne, IN.
Old 02-19-13, 06:53 PM
az_andrew

Bikes: 2009 Masi Speciale Fixed LTD, 1993 Specialized Allez Transition, 2012 Cinelli Gazzetta (in progress)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i bought my friend a never ridden 1974 Raleigh Supercourse from salvation army for $30...just thought i'd share that with everyone
Old 02-19-13, 07:00 PM
rex615
canis lupus familiaris

Bikes: En plus one

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by az_andrew
i bought my friend a never ridden 1974 Raleigh Supercourse from salvation army for $30...just thought i'd share that with everyone
Do they have any more?
Old 02-19-13, 07:04 PM
az_andrew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rex615
Do they have any more?
Haha no, this was like back in April or so, I returned back every week for a few months hoping for another deal. never found one.
Old 02-19-13, 07:29 PM
Jandro 

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Never ridden? Are you sure?

That fork looks odd to me, slightly bent back. Maybe just the angle?
Old 02-19-13, 08:15 PM
az_andrew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jandro
Never ridden? Are you sure?

That fork looks odd to me, slightly bent back. Maybe just the angle?
There was no signs of wear on the tires, no rust, everything was just dusty. I'm sure the bike was a little wonky, my friend got the wheels trued and made some adjustments, but it rode great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.