Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Found Felt Broam very comfortable - looking for bikes with a similar fit

Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Old 09-07-22, 12:13 AM
itsamario

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I test rode a few gravel and endurance bikes (trek checkpoint alr 5, trek domane, and felt broam) - all in 56 (i'm 5'10).

The felt broam was the only one of these bikes I felt comfortable on (felt hunched over on the trek checkpoint and domane) , but the broam is too heavy for me.

I'm looking for a gravel or endurance bike that fits like the felt broam, but is lighter.

I also test rode a cervelo c3, also in size 56, and it wasn't as comfortable as the felt bike either.

I'm new to road/gravel bikes.

Suggestions?
Old 09-07-22, 09:43 AM
The_woo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The broam is a very relaxed geometry with very big stack vs reach.

2 types of bike that might feel similar:

1. Other gravel bikes with a relaxed, adventure focus rather than a racy performance focus. Surly etc.

2. Endurance road bikes with a very relaxed geometry. e.g. Trek Domane, Cannondale Synapse (2022).

pick one of those depending on which terrain you intend to ride.
Old 09-08-22, 11:20 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6099 Post(s)
Liked 4,730 Times in 3,260 Posts
The Broam has a much higher stack than the Checkpoint or the Domane. So no wonder you felt more bent over.

Also, the 56cm in one model of bike might not be the size you need for another model bike, even if from the same manufacturer. If you can test ride bikes, then try different size bikes of each model. Though if you want to sit up more, then also look for bikes with a high stack. A smaller frame of the same model will have less stack, a larger more stack. Reach increases some as size goes up. But depending on many other things, that might not be as much an issue.
Old 09-13-22, 07:20 AM
Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
felt claims the bike is 23lb on their website. this is not heavy at all. if you want lighter, it is far less likely you'll find something super comfortable to match, you will be looking at higher performance bikes.

the stack on this bike isn't... taller than average. it is actually on the low side. you may have felt comfortable on it due to a slightly shorter top tube/reach, and possibly a shorter stem then average.

look up size geometry charts of the three bikes you tried. compare. then compare the broam's geometry to other similar bikes. it is a totally standard geometry for a road or gravel bike. you will find plenty that are similarly comfortable. don't waste your time trying to find lighter if you want comfortable and reasonably priced.