Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Battery Level Issue SRAM Force AXS 12sp

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-23, 10:20 AM
btographer

Bikes: Madone 5.2 Trek Pilot 2.1 Trek 7300 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Having shifter battery level issues with SRAM Force AXS 12sp on new bike. The right shifter shows either low, critically low, or exclamation point (won’t connect) on both the SRAM app iPhone and Garmin 1030plus. All firmware updated to latest, re-paired components Bluetooth multiple times. Components function perfectly, I’ve also seen the battery level show full than low on different days. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-25-23, 08:34 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,004 Posts
Sometimes those coin batteries are wonky. I would replace it and see what it does. I had this issue on my left shifter on the the kit I bought in Nov. Once I replaced the battery all was good.

Edit, I also came across this....

https://sram.uservoice.com/forums/92...e-l-and-r-shif

Last edited by jaxgtr; 03-25-23 at 08:52 PM.
Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 03-25-23, 09:43 PM
Bully4

Bikes: Trek madone and emonda, one older Cannonade

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
I always buy the good batteries for those. The cheap ones that come in packs aren't very good. I had an issue with my truck remote after installing a cheap battery.
Likes For Bully4:
Old 03-27-23, 07:43 AM
DaveSSS 

Bikes: Cinelli superstar disc, two Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1097 Post(s)
Liked 559 Times in 446 Posts
The shifter batteries should last for a year or more. I carry a spare but don't use the battery level monitor, since it's apparently inaccurate. I installed three sets of new Force AXS shifters late last year and had no firmware issues.
Likes For DaveSSS:
Old 03-28-23, 10:16 AM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
^Appears this is the answer.

OP - say's you're in Chicago. If so then swing by here and they should be able to help you out. 1000 W Fulton Market #4, Chicago, IL 60607

Likes For Psimet2001:
Old 04-04-23, 12:40 PM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 118 Posts
Any idea if SRAM will send out an update for this that can be done by owners, or does it have to be done by the shop when they are connected to the SRAM update system?
Old 04-05-23, 04:28 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,828 Times in 2,984 Posts
Originally Posted by Chandne
Any idea if SRAM will send out an update for this that can be done by owners, or does it have to be done by the shop when they are connected to the SRAM update system?
You can update the firmware with the SRAM AXS phone app. There have been several updates since this was reported, one very recently which mentioned improved battery level reporting in the notes.
Old 04-05-23, 05:27 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,004 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
You can update the firmware with the SRAM AXS phone app. There have been several updates since this was reported, one very recently which mentioned improved battery level reporting in the notes.

They have released that this week. I checked it on Friday or Saturday and there was nothing. So I have updates for the shifters and FD to 2.42