Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

$35 Fixies at Target

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

$35 Fixies at Target

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-23, 07:11 PM
Ven100

Bikes: Magna Fix-D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thread from the dead. 10 years later my cheapie Target bike is still going strong. Yes, the only thing original that's still on the bike is the frame and the seat (which I'm replacing because the padding has retired).
  • Taller stem was the first thing I added
  • The crankset/crank arm was a definite cheap part of the bike. It was very loose and the crank would skip. Replaced with a quality, white unit (hey, why not make it look nice while upgrading). Naturally might as well replace it with matching white pedals.
  • Added rear fender because who wants water on their back from the tires.
  • Definitely hit a large hole in the road which popped 1 or 2 spokes which I decided to replace with both wheels with a nice pair of white wheels and bit the bullet on equipping the Tannus solid rubber tires. Added white rubber brakes as well to preserve the wheels as best it could.
Can't post pictures on here yet. Sad face.
Likes For Ven100:
Old 02-16-23, 09:07 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Originally Posted by Ven100
Thread from the dead. 10 years later my cheapie Target bike is still going strong. Yes, the only thing original that's still on the bike is the frame and the seat (which I'm replacing because the padding has retired).
  • Taller stem was the first thing I added
  • The crankset/crank arm was a definite cheap part of the bike. It was very loose and the crank would skip. Replaced with a quality, white unit (hey, why not make it look nice while upgrading). Naturally might as well replace it with matching white pedals.
  • Added rear fender because who wants water on their back from the tires.
  • Definitely hit a large hole in the road which popped 1 or 2 spokes which I decided to replace with both wheels with a nice pair of white wheels and bit the bullet on equipping the Tannus solid rubber tires. Added white rubber brakes as well to preserve the wheels as best it could.
Can't post pictures on here yet. Sad face.
You can upload pictures to your gallery and we can find them there. Or, just visit some other thread topics and contribute. I think you can do up to 5 per day and then you're set.