Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Lectric XP Premium

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Lectric XP Premium

Old 04-22-22, 02:19 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 603 Posts
Lectric XP Premium

Lectric just released a new bike (above), a $1799 mid-drive Class 3 (or 1 or 2) fat tire folding bike. See Electrek.com for details. This sounds like a great new option. Glad my quiver is full (today). Hopefully somebody will post a complete link for those that need it and are interested.
Likes For 2old:
Old 04-22-22, 02:57 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 570 Posts
Posting a link to the actual story would be a good idea,...

https://electrek.co/2022/04/22/lectr...torque-sensor/
Old 04-22-22, 05:07 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

$1799 Lectric XPremium Dual Battery Folding eBike with Torque Mid Drive and 20x4.0 Fat Tires via KevCentral

​​​​​​
Old 04-22-22, 08:45 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 946 Times in 553 Posts
really surprised it has torque sensing. I doubt its all that good torque sensing but still better then cadence only. 75# only trek allant 8 with two batteries will only be around 62 pounds.
Old 04-23-22, 06:53 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 728 Times in 448 Posts
75 lb. for single battery or dual battery for this Premium model?

Personally, I have no problem wit hub-motor ebikes, but $1800 for a mid-drive with dual batterie is a very good deal.
I hope the chain & spokes holds up to the heavy weight.

Can this thread merge/move with the Folding Electric Bikes thread?
Likes For cat0020:
Old 04-23-22, 10:15 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
really surprised it has torque sensing. I doubt its all that good torque sensing but still better then cadence only. 75# only trek allant 8 with two batteries will only be around 62 pounds.
Watch the videos,...seems the torque sensing is fantastic. And you're comparing this to a bike that's completely different, and almost double the price?
Old 04-23-22, 10:26 AM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by tds101
Watch the videos,...seems the torque sensing is fantastic. And you're comparing this to a bike that's completely different, and almost double the price?
that I doubt very much. you want good torque sensing you need bosch or brose and a few others. even bafang does not have great torque sensing. but after crappy cadence sensing it would seem wonders.
Old 04-23-22, 10:34 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

that I doubt very much. you want good torque sensing you need bosch or brose and a few others. even bafang does not have great torque sensing. but after crappy cadence sensing it would seem wonders.
For price vs performance this will be quite a bargain. That's the entire point of their bikes. I don't even see the point of comparison, considering the fact you're comparing bikes in completely different classes. Bosch and brose are brands quite a few of us will never use, as it's financially unfeasible. This, as they say, is a poor man's "folding" Porsche,... I'm in that potential owners group.
Old 04-23-22, 10:44 AM
2old

I'm in the minority that doesn't see the big difference between torque and cadence sensors. I own a Yahama-Haibike and have tested many, many e-bikes with torque sensors and don't see the enormous difference most individuals talk about. In any event, I'll bet other companies are shaking in their boots with this new offering from Lectric. What's surprising to me is that Rad, which received $350 million in seed money not long ago, doesn't seem to have anything "rad"ically new.
Likes For 2old:
Old 04-23-22, 10:50 AM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by 2old
I'm in the minority that doesn't see the big difference between torque and cadence sensors. I own a Yahama-Haibike and have tested many, many e-bikes with torque sensors and don't see the enormous difference most individuals talk about. In any event, I'll bet other companies are shaking in their boots with this new offering from Lectric. What's surprising to me is that Rad, which received $350 million in seed money not long ago, doesn't seem to have anything "rad"ically new.
Rad seems to ahve been going down on the component quality.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 04-23-22, 10:54 AM
fooferdoggie 

For price vs performance this will be quite a bargain. That's the entire point of their bikes. I don't even see the point of comparison, considering the fact you're comparing bikes in completely different classes. Bosch and brose are brands quite a few of us will never use, as it's financially unfeasible. This, as they say, is a poor man's "folding" Porsche,... I'm in that potential owners group.
to me a my bike is my vehicle its not a toy I put 9000 miles a year on my commuter e bike and our e tandem. to me lectric is just not sustainable and reliable. plus they weight is way too much. plus the fat tires really slow things down. Just between my bulls with 1.5" tires and my trek 2.5" with a newer bosch motor the bulls I am 2mph faster on it. though the ride is far harsher.
a decent e bike is not really more then a decent road bike anymore. but t jsut depends on how much you ride and if you like a bike to feel and perform well.
Old 04-23-22, 11:20 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

to me a my bike is my vehicle its not a toy I put 9000 miles a year on my commuter e bike and our e tandem. to me lectric is just not sustainable and reliable. plus they weight is way too much. plus the fat tires really slow things down. Just between my bulls with 1.5" tires and my trek 2.5" with a newer bosch motor the bulls I am 2mph faster on it. though the ride is far harsher.
a decent e bike is not really more then a decent road bike anymore. but t jsut depends on how much you ride and if you like a bike to feel and perform well.
Then this is a bike that's not for you, we get that. It's supposedly not "sustainable or reliable", but there's a huge number of Lectric XP owners out there that would wholeheartedly disagree with you. The weight is fine, considering it's a budget ebike with dual batteries, and fat tires that some people prefer. As to you being faster by 2mph, that's irrelevant. This can hit faster speeds, which is nice, but this is a budget friendly bike that can be utilised as a daily ride for quite a few people with lesser budgets. You're comparing, as I stated before, different classes of bikes aimed at COMPLETELY different markets. Enjoy your high end expensive rides, as harsh as you say they are. They're pointless to mention in the demographic this is aimed at.

Have a great day,...👋
Old 04-23-22, 01:39 PM
2old

Rad seems to ahve been going down on the component quality.
Considering the outside investment, maybe there's too much "bean counting" going on.
Old 04-23-22, 01:40 PM
fooferdoggie 

Then this is a bike that's not for you, we get that. It's supposedly not "sustainable or reliable", but there's a huge number of Lectric XP owners out there that would wholeheartedly disagree with you. The weight is fine, considering it's a budget ebike with dual batteries, and fat tires that some people prefer. As to you being faster by 2mph, that's irrelevant. This can hit faster speeds, which is nice, but this is a budget friendly bike that can be utilised as a daily ride for quite a few people with lesser budgets. You're comparing, as I stated before, different classes of bikes aimed at COMPLETELY different markets. Enjoy your high end expensive rides, as harsh as you say they are. They're pointless to mention in the demographic this is aimed at.

Have a great day,...👋
but electric is not the bike for daily use. its just to built with parts that last. thats why its in the price range it is. I think their goal is for people to buy them and get tired of them before they fail. in two or so years you may not be able to replace the battery. the batteries are the weak link in a budget bike. they really are not for daily use. but what I love about them its a blast to pass them especially going uphill.
Old 04-23-22, 09:00 PM
2old

There's no reason that an inexpensive bike "has to" fail. I purchased the cheapest of the cheap kits seven years ago ($200 for a 1000w, 48V rear hub system). In fact it was purchased because it didn't seem possible that anything as cheap would last. Well, the joke was on me because some buyers were reporting 25,000+ miles on them. A 350w, 36V front hub conversion is still in operation seven years later on my daughter's bike.

Last edited by 2old; 04-25-22 at 05:19 PM.
Likes For 2old:
Old 04-25-22, 04:50 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

but electric is not the bike for daily use. its just to built with parts that last. thats why its in the price range it is. I think their goal is for people to buy them and get tired of them before they fail. in two or so years you may not be able to replace the battery. the batteries are the weak link in a budget bike. they really are not for daily use. but what I love about them its a blast to pass them especially going uphill.
Your last comment makes no sense actually, and is simply your opinion. "Lectric" isn't a premium brand, that's quite true, but the fact that you "feel" its not for daily use, and isn't built with parts that will last, this just doesn't make sense. As stated by 2old:
There's no reason that an inexpensive bike "has to" fail. I purchased the cheapest of the cheap kits seven years ago ($200 for a 1000w, 48V rear hub system. In fact it was purchased because it didn't seem possible that anything as cheap would last. Well, the joke was on me because some buyers were reporting 25,000+ miles on them. A 350w, 36V front hus conversion is still in operation seven years later on my daughter's bike. Some individuals are just elitists and think that anything less expensive than what they purchase is junk. I have a Nissan car; all those driving Ferrai's can tell me how much longer they'll last."

I've owned less expensive items that could go on indefinitely, as long as I do proper maintenance. I've also owned crap cars that went on forever. I have co-workers who own Beamers, Benzes, and more expensive rides, and they're ALWAYS in the shop.

Regarding the batteries, why do you think this company is going belly up next week? They have easily replaceable batteries, and the battery housings can always be reused for new rechargeable batteries. It's actually more difficult to get replacement parts or batteries for more well known, established brands of ebikes. When they discontinue a model it's a hunt just to locate old stock. Just look through this section and you'll see EXACTLY what I mean.
IMO, for some strange reason, you have an ongoing issue with this brand. Dear lawdy,...
Old 04-25-22, 06:00 PM
fooferdoggie 

I've owned less expensive items that could go on indefinitely, as long as I do proper maintenance. I've also owned crap cars that went on forever. I have co-workers who own Beamers, Benzes, and more expensive rides, and they're ALWAYS in the shop.

Regarding the batteries, why do you think this company is going belly up next week? They have easily replaceable batteries, and the battery housings can always be reused for new rechargeable batteries. It's actually more difficult to get replacement parts or batteries for more well known, established brands of ebikes. When they discontinue a model it's a hunt just to locate old stock. Just look through this section and you'll see EXACTLY what I mean.
IMO, for some strange reason, you have an ongoing issue with this brand. Dear lawdy,...
sometimes inexpensive brands last sometimes they dont and sometimes they burn down your house. I have been on the lectric forums and keeping track. hell just this last upgrade let you ride in the rain. with no seals on the bearings they will need more maintenance too. If you have the skills to replace the battery yes if not your SOL. and in three years electric would be hard pressed to support their 3 year old bikes. Lots f people are fine with it they don't ride a lot.
Old 04-25-22, 06:04 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

sometimes inexpensive brands last sometimes they dont and sometimes they burn down your house. I have been on the lectric forums and keeping track. hell just this last upgrade let you ride in the rain. with no seals on the bearings they will need more maintenance too. If you have the skills to replace the battery yes if not your SOL. and in three years electric would be hard pressed to support their 3 year old bikes. Lots f people are fine with it they don't ride a lot.
We're done,...
Old 04-25-22, 06:17 PM
fooferdoggie 

Old 04-25-22, 06:22 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Again: we're done,...

Old 04-26-22, 09:25 AM
Sempervee

Bikes: Cannondale Quick Disk 5 & Rad Power Mini

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 25 Posts
We have multiple RAD bikes and this new ebike made me sit up and take notice!!! Hmmmm interesting!
Old 04-26-22, 09:28 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Originally Posted by Sempervee
We have multiple RAD bikes and this new ebike made me sit up and take notice!!! Hmmmm interesting!
Man,...a RadMini + mid drive + dual batteries? WoW!!! Now THAT would be phenomenal!!!
Old 04-26-22, 09:37 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 728 Times in 448 Posts
Yeah, if only this XP Premium has cast wheels, I'd be all over it.
My Lectric XP 2.0 is experiencing loose spokes with only 550 miles on it.

I feel that the XP Premium can also have narrower tires/wheels.
20x4.0 tires just feels so much heavier than the 20x3.0 or 20x2.75 tires.
Reduced rotational weight likely extend its operating range and allow better acceleration.
Likes For cat0020:
Old 04-26-22, 09:58 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Originally Posted by cat0020

Reduced rotational weight likely extend its operating range and allow better acceleration.
I bought a Qualisports Dolphin BECAUSE of the lighter weight, smaller 2.35" tires, and lower 350 watt motor. If it had the mag wheels like it's bigger bro, the Beluga, I'd have been in nirvana. Beluga is too heavy IMO, and those fat 4" tires killed it for me. Well, that, and the lower range.
Old 04-26-22, 11:25 AM
Sempervee

Bikes: Cannondale Quick Disk 5 & Rad Power Mini

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020

YES!! I purposely ONLY b uy motorcycles with cast wheels for obvious reasons. I would like to see the bicycles come with the same cast wheels and tubeless!! That would be something!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.