Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Charity Events
Reload this Page >

Mission Crit Women Registration scholarship

Notices
Charity Events Whether you're looking for riders, sponsors, or volunteers, this is the place to tell the world that cyclists can make a difference.

Old 08-08-22, 11:51 PM
Bisexcycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Mission Crit announcement
https://youtu.be/lZcYK5q5yfU

Link to Reg
Link to my Instagram @unisexcycle
Reddoe.media@gmail.com

Dm me on IG (email) if you are interested in donating to help get more women into fixed gear racing
Dm me if you are a woman trans femme rider who would like to apply for a scholarship or are interested in racing and need help with gear, bike, friends, whatever. Everyone should come watch, either way, it's a great time.
Any amount of donation will help $10 - 150 Reg fee for the 3 races is 150 and 1 event is 70

Mission Crit Women's Omnium registration closes this Friday. The organizers are having a hard time covering costs for the event and are going to have to release reg slots from the women's field to men's. Please encourage your women friends to participate in this year's event. I'm offering scholarships and am also fundraising money to pay for registration fees. Individual event slots will still open soon.

I understand everyone is equally deserving of a scholarship and some people might think "if women do not want to race then why should we offer financial scholarships?" There is no easy answer to why don't women race but here are generalizations I've come up in 10 seconds in my head.
  • Fixed gear riding is a men/boys world (who wants to hang out with dudes all the time)
  • Ladies aren't raised to be hypercompetitive and/or dangerous things like brakeless cycling
  • Social/cultural norms
  • It's intimidating to ride with us on the streets, let alone race
  • Few girls riding groups/clubs to join
In the end fixie culture in the Bay Area CA has been good to me and I want to give back and get more people on fix gear bikes. If you have comments, suggestions critiques I'm all for it.

OFFICIAL MISSION CRIT ANNOUNCEMENT BELOW

UPDATE: I spoke with some folks, and in an effort to be respectful to everyone the registration window will be extended to Friday, August 12 at 10 AM PDT.

~~~
Registration Update: Reg has been open 1 week. The Men’s Omnium field sold within a couple of hours! The WTFNB field is sitting at 30 (out of 75), which is really strong! I will be reallocating half of the remaining available entries from the WTFNB to the Men’s Field. So! If you are a WTFNB racer and haven’t registered yet, now is the time to do so. If you want to compete in the Men’s Omnium, now is the time to register for the Waitlist; riders will be selected from that list on a first-come, first-served basis.

Four weeks until the Fixed Gear Triple Crown… better dust off those track bikes…

https://www.instagram.com/missioncrit/

Likes For Bisexcycle:
Old 08-09-22, 08:25 AM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1102 Post(s)
Liked 2,135 Times in 1,440 Posts
Moved to charity rides
Old 08-09-22, 01:16 PM