Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

2017 Louis Garneau Garibaldi G2 vs 2021 GT Grade Elite

Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Old 07-10-22, 10:05 AM
Ronoc100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi there,

I'm new to gravel bikes and looking at a couple used bikes for around $1300 Canadian. One is the 2021 GT Grade Elite which seems to be reviewed well, the other is the 2017 Garibaldi G2 which looks to be a little bit lesser known but might have better components.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance
Old 07-10-22, 10:25 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
The one that fits best should take priority
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.
Old 07-13-22, 08:16 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
These are not real common bikes so you may not get many here with firsthand experience with either. I'd ride 'n decide but do it quick as used gravel bikes go fast if they are decent. Older Grades did not have much tire clearance for wider tires bot I am not sure what the later models are like.
Old 07-31-22, 01:41 PM
Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Looking up geometry of both frames quick, It would appear to me that the Garneau fits pretty small. The GT Grade seems to offer a somewhat more releastic fit (at least in my size,) but it is still aggressive with a pretty low stack.