Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

FYI: Used Trek 520 on NYC Craigslist

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-19, 02:28 PM
Lovegasoline

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I'm not sure of the current policy on posting deals on tour bikes, but as a head's up there's a Trek 520, 60cm (large), looks to be a 2010/2011 model, pretty much stock with the addition of fenders listed for sale in NYC via Craigslist.

I don't see many Trek 520s from the past decade coming up for sale locally so if you're in the area and looking for one ... it could potentially be a decent buy depending on an inspection, condition, and/or price negotiation. It's hard to make out sprocket wear from the pics?
I have no affiliation to the seller and as always: caveat emptor.

[FYI, I have this same year Trek 520, acquired used, and although I've not yet done any touring it rides superbly both unloaded (fun) and loaded (routinely with 40+/- pounds of groceries). The weakest part is the stock rack which as many others have reported is a not as burly as the very best racks made for the heaviest loads, but it gets the job done. It's a great bike!]

Here's the link:
https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/b...010251062.html

Last edited by Lovegasoline; 11-04-19 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-04-19, 05:38 PM
timdow
Miles to Go

Bikes: 2022 Juiced Crosscurrent X, 2022 Fuji Touring, 1998 Schwinn Moab (drop bar conversion), 2010 LHT (Stolen)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 95 Posts
I'd buy it if it weren't 2800 miles away!