Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Choosing a Fat Tire Ebike

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-21, 02:28 PM
tkster95

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've decided on getting a ebike and the fat bikes look too fun to pass up.

I came across bikesdirect that had some great looking fat tire ebikes, problem is they are out of stock and won't have any more till spring of 2022.

Two other options that caught my eye are M2S All Terrain R750 HT and the SURFACE604 Boar.

The Boar is a bit more expensive (if you get the upgraded battery on the M2S to equal the battery power of the Boar, the Boar is still about $500 more).

I think the Boar has better components but not too sure on that. I noticed that the M2S has a front suspension while the Boar does not. How good is the suspension on the M2S and with the fat tires, is it even necessary?

Which bike to you think is the better option?

Any other good fat ebikes priced similarly that I'm overlooking? (I'd like one with a 4.5" or bigger tire)

I've never rode a ebike... how is the peddling on them when not using assist? Is it nice and easy like a normal bike or is there some sort of added resistance because of the motor not in use?

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-24-21, 04:56 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 620 Posts
Don't worry about the motor if it's geared (read the tutorial at ebikesca to learn the difference between geared and direct drive). However, you might want to ride around on a few fat tire ebikes with the motor off. Lots of them are in the 70 pound range, and I wouldn't want to do it.
Old 07-24-21, 05:22 PM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
Luna Cycle and Quiet Kat come to mind.