Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Really missed riding my bike.

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-22, 05:37 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Zipp2001 Carbon Belt Drive SS, Kestrel RT900SL, Kestrel KM40 Airfoil 1x10, Orbea Occam H30, Trek Stache 5 29 Plus, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 870 Times in 443 Posts

Man did I miss riding my bike for the last 21 days. The last time I wasn't on my bike for this long was when I got hit by a car in the early 90's. So, I welcome myself back by riding the trails in the fourth hilliest city in the US. Felt much better than what I expected and will be back tomorrow to play on the hills again.
Likes For ZIPP2001:
Old 06-21-22, 06:06 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,436 Times in 818 Posts
Shoot, I just had a self imposed 2 day sabbatical from riding my bikes. It was a struggle not to go for a ride. I needed to constantly have something to occupy my mind, body and time. I took the days off to rest my legs and catch up on neglected chores and errands. I got a whole lot done and pretty much freed up for the last 10 days of the month, enabling my pursuit of having a 1,000 mile June. I had a case of acute prostatitis back in the spring, kept me off the bike completely for 6 weeks, and limited my riding considerably another 2 months. I did not have the energy or the will to ride, along with the pain.
Likes For delbiker1:
Old 06-22-22, 07:24 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 699 Times in 436 Posts
Glad to hear you're "back in the saddle again"! Been missing riding as well--broken wrist.
Likes For freeranger: