Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Our bikes...Fuji and Jamis

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Old 05-06-08, 03:27 PM
kyhokie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've been surfing around here for a few months...and figured I should get a few pics of our bikes up.

The Fuji is mine - the Jamis is her's. I'm certainly a clyde (6' 250#) and she is an Athena - which is fitting as her middle name is "Athena" -- she has always played sports and has an athletic build at 5'9" and ???#

Sunday she was washing cars and I thought it would be a good time to pull out the bikes and clean them up here are a few pics. I also cleaned my MTB - but for some reason did not take any pics.

Her: Jamis Ventura Elite
My: Fuji Roubaix Pro & Paramount RS-60 MTB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Fuji Roubaix 1.JPG (48.5 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg
Jamis 1.JPG (72.0 KB, 113 views)
Likes For kyhokie:
Old 05-06-08, 04:44 PM
heckler

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the same Fuji . I have been loving it since I got it, the color is great (not too many yellows out there), but the yellow seems to show every little smudge of grease. I have become religous about wiping it down and keeping her pretty.

I have the 58cm at 6' and a few lbs less. If you ride black shorts/bibs with yellow/black/gray jerseys we would look identical.
Old 05-06-08, 05:00 PM
SHOwned
in the ground

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ditch the wheels on the jamis, straight garbage. i have that bike and i recently wrecked it in a collar bone destroying crash at 38mph. not the wheels fault, but they still arent good. nice bike by the way, also that seat is not good either. I put mine on my fixed gear beater/i've been drinking bike.
Old 05-06-08, 06:49 PM
aliensporebomb

Bikes: Too many to list comfortably

Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts
What wheelset is on the Jamis?
Old 05-06-08, 07:48 PM
kyhokie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
What wheelset is on the Jamis?
Copied from bicycle review:
WHEELSET: Shimano WH-R500 wheelset, 700c, 20/24H with bladed spokes, radially laced front, 3x rear

Originally Posted by SHOwned
ditch the wheels on the jamis, straight garbage. i have that bike and i recently wrecked it in a collar bone destroying crash at 38mph. not the wheels fault, but they still arent good. nice bike by the way, also that seat is not good either. I put mine on my fixed gear beater/i've been drinking bike.
Anyone else have advise like that? Very much appreciated!
Old 05-06-08, 07:50 PM
kyhokie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by heckler
I have the same Fuji . I have been loving it since I got it, the color is great (not too many yellows out there), but the yellow seems to show every little smudge of grease. I have become religous about wiping it down and keeping her pretty.

I have the 58cm at 6' and a few lbs less. If you ride black shorts/bibs with yellow/black/gray jerseys we would look identical.
Mine is the 58, too. I am working on the "few less pounds." As it is, I am down to 250 from 280 since October - so a good start.

I make fun of myself in that I mostly do wear black/gray/yellow jerseys.
Old 05-06-08, 07:59 PM
heckler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
oh dear, well it is nice to have a twin out there somewhere... I am 235 so you can definatly catch me.
Old 05-06-08, 08:03 PM
flip18436572
Triathlon in my future???

Bikes: Junk, that is why I am here. :-)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by kyhokie
Copied from bicycle review:
WHEELSET: Shimano WH-R500 wheelset, 700c, 20/24H with bladed spokes, radially laced front, 3x rear

Anyone else have advise like that? Very much appreciated!
I had a problem with the cheaper wheelset on my Jamis, but have not had any problems with the wheelset you have currently. If you are worried about it, have the LBS go through the rims and retension everything by hand and have it retrued. I think they are fine, and I am 6'3" around 235. But, I only have about 1500 miles on this wheelset and others may have had a lot different luck than me.
Swim, Bike, Run and sounds like fun
Old 05-14-22, 04:51 PM
Qxir_NotJustBik

Bikes: 2011 Giant Rapid 2, Giant TCR, 2010 Fuji Cross Pro and a few others.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by kyhokie
I've been surfing around here for a few months...and figured I should get a few pics of our bikes up.

The Fuji is mine - the Jamis is her's. I'm certainly a clyde (6' 250#) and she is an Athena - which is fitting as her middle name is "Athena" -- she has always played sports and has an athletic build at 5'9" and ???#

Sunday she was washing cars and I thought it would be a good time to pull out the bikes and clean them up here are a few pics. I also cleaned my MTB - but for some reason did not take any pics.

Her: Jamis Ventura Elite
My: Fuji Roubaix Pro & Paramount RS-60 MTB
Nice bikes. Friend of mine likes his Jamis Satellite and he's about 260 lbs. Stock and he rides it all over.