Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Brompton Brake pads

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Brompton Brake pads

Old 09-14-20, 08:22 AM
Pahana

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Brompton Brake pads

I was at my local Brompton dealer last week to replace a defective Primo comet tire. I got the tire last December and it got a bubble causing a flat so I replaced it with a take off Schwalbe marathon racer for $20.00. I asked about replacing my brake pads and was told that Brompton only sells the whole brake shoe. I don't see a need to replace the shoe and would like to just replace the pads. Does anyone have any suggestions for a brake pad replacement on a 2015 Brompton.
Getting off the subject there must have been 15 unopened Brompton boxes all sold siting on the floor.

Old 09-14-20, 09:37 AM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
https://www.perennialcycle.com/kools...d-inserts.html

https://www.jensonusa.com/Kool-Stop-Dura-2-Replacement-Insert-Pads-SalmonBlackfor-ShimanoSRAMTektroTRP
Old 09-14-20, 01:12 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
+1, the Tektro made brake, uses a Shimano Style pad.. Kool Stop & Swissstop also make the pad inserts in that format..

Original pad set I had was branded Fibrax ..
Old 09-14-20, 03:32 PM
Pahana

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Thanks for the ideas I'm sure that will be a good replacement. Again getting off the subject it's hard to believe that Bromptons have taken off so much. I can only believe 3 years from now there will be a glut of Bromptons for sale on ebay. This was a bike shop that a few years ago I was wondering if they could stay in business. They sublet half of the shop and things were looking iffy. Now they can't get enough bikes.
Old 09-14-20, 08:39 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
England offers money towards buying a Bike Apparently ..

Brompton is about the largest- only Manufactured in England bike, left these days..