Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Need to buy 7 Mountain bikes

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Old 06-24-22, 05:44 AM
dr_max

Bikes: BMC SLC01 Promachine with full DA grupo on Ksyrium ES/ BMC Roadmachine 01 One disc Ultegra with DT Swiss

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 37 Posts

Since my kids are growing older and we need to find some family activities, was thinking about buying mountains bikes for the wife and kids. For everyone to have fun I was thinking about eMTB for everyone to follow till the end of the day and everyone can follow and out the effort they want.

I fell on this website https://m.made-in-china.com/product/...996890815.html
and was wondering if any of you every tried those and if they are good entry bikes for beginners.

If you are aware of something else better quality and a reasonable price, let me know!

Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions.
Old 06-24-22, 08:12 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked 3,864 Times in 2,578 Posts
That website looks bad from the get go and then the title of the bike starts with fashion high quality that is a good sign it is a do not buy. Go down to your local e-bike shop and see what they have and what they would recommend. You will get support with the bike and hopefully something of higher quality. If the bike is of quality it will not need to mention it in the title after fashion and it will also likely not have fashion in the title unless that is the name of the bike.

If you are looking at something of quality look for Bosch, Brose, Shimano, Fazua or something from Specialized, they have good support behind them and are easy to get service in a lot of places for the most part.
Old 06-24-22, 09:12 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked 945 Times in 552 Posts
there are no cheap e mountain bikes. about the minimum price is around 4000.00 or a bit less.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 06-25-22, 01:17 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2749 Post(s)
Liked 2,516 Times in 1,422 Posts
I would not go anywhere near buying that bike. For one thing, the build specs are vague and do not match the pictures, and both are very low end.
Likes For Kapusta:
Old 06-25-22, 02:45 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Sounds like you need to make a trip to a bike shop.
Likes For cxwrench:
Old 06-25-22, 04:55 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2749 Post(s)
Liked 2,516 Times in 1,422 Posts
Decent, reliable eBikes of any variety are not cheap.

Decent full suspension MTBs (even non-electric) are not cheap.

Any decent full suspension eMTB is going to cost several times more than those bikes you are looking at.
Likes For Kapusta:
Old 06-25-22, 08:25 PM
dr_max

Bikes: BMC SLC01 Promachine with full DA grupo on Ksyrium ES/ BMC Roadmachine 01 One disc Ultegra with DT Swiss

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapusta
Decent, reliable eBikes of any variety are not cheap.

Decent full suspension MTBs (even non-electric) are not cheap.

Any decent full suspension eMTB is going to cost several times more than those bikes you are looking at.
I was looking at the BMC Trailfox AMP before the pandemic. Saw it for $3500 on Facebook marketplace and wrote to the guy but he had sold it 10 minutes priori. Now they go for $7000+
Old 06-25-22, 08:35 PM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
If you have more than one local e-bike shop, try the one that you would trust the most, and that seems to have good service. You might find a web site with reviews of the shop and the products. I noticed the site you found says minimum 10 pieces.
Old 06-26-22, 09:30 AM
mtnbud

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked 513 Times in 285 Posts
Minimum order amount is 10 bikes. Off brand suspension. No mention of frame size that I could see. The bike could be too large for some of your kids.