Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Stages Dash M50/L50 Opinions

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-20, 09:42 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts

Hey all,

Anyone using the Stages Dash M50/L50? If so what is your opinion?

Currently looking for something that provides better visuals when training to power. I like what I see with the color screen resolution, power wheel and live graphing (Power, HR, Cadence, Speed, Elevation)...almost "zwift-like" which makes for a more seamless experience going from indoor to outdoor....and to me, more appealing than looking at a black number. I understand that new features are being added on a regular basis and there is still some work that needs to be done, but wanted to get some input from current users.

Old 12-16-20, 07:56 AM
jadocs

Guess nobody uses it.

Well I have one being delivered today so if anyone is interested I can provide an opinion.
Old 05-24-21, 07:16 AM
jadocs

After using the M50 for five months, I liked it so much I bought the L50 with the larger screen. I much prefer the Dash over the Wahoo...not because the Wahoo lacks in providing data, but because the Dash provides it in a much more visual and customizable fashion.

The Dash provides visuals in a few different ways. The first is zone colors around the data field so you can tell by the color what zone you are in. The second is widgets...widgets are things like a power wheel (see above pic in the middle that has 222 in it). It like a color coded speedometer except it is power. It also has other pertinent information in the widget itself, like lap time, lap average, etc... The third way is graphical...also color coded and customizable. For those of you who use Zwift you are familiar with the power graph along the bottom of your screed that shows what zone you are operating in. This is the same thing, and you can also modify the zone colors to match the Zwift colors for a seamless inside/outside visual metric. You can also modify the field sizes, so if you want that power widget to take up the whole screen or just parts of it, you can do that. All data fields are customizable for size and content. The screen has always been crisp, sharp and visible in all lighting conditions. The automatic sensor does a great job with this.

That was just a quick follow-up because I noticed some had questions in other threads. For a more detailed review see DCRainmaker's article.
Old 05-24-21, 08:11 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,686 Times in 2,509 Posts
That looks pretty neat for training. Thanks for checking back.
Likes For unterhausen: