Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Kicker has 4 points of contact

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Old 04-15-22, 01:22 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked 1,169 Times in 682 Posts

with the ground. anyone have one and find that odd? i ride in the garage and it is not exactly a perfectly level surface so getting the kicker to mate properly with the floor can be a challenge at times. 3 points would have made that much easier. looking at the kicker bike i think it only has 3.
Old 04-16-22, 06:44 AM
pennpaul

Bikes: Diamondback Haanjo Trail, Fuji Team Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 46 Posts
I do have a level surface for the Core so it's not an issue for me. To give me a little side to side sway (and comfort), I put a thick foam mat under the Core.

Would a mat like that be enough to level out your KICKR? Otherwise, I'd figure out which of the KICKR feet aren't touching the ground and tape shims to them.
Old 04-17-22, 05:43 PM
spelger

i've been wanting to try the mat thing not for the leveling but for the feel, just never got around to it.
Old 04-23-22, 04:25 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,662 Times in 2,496 Posts
It's a little compliant, so it's not too much of a problem. I think if they didn't have a support at the back in the middle that it would break more readily.
Mine is bolted down to a rocker plate right now, so it's really stable. I should probably put an anti-slip mat under the rocker plate base though
Old 04-23-22, 05:13 PM
spelger

my trouble is my 17 year old. last year we got another car (the spit in my profile pic). when i was riding in the garage i had a fairly decent setup but now with the additional car (and being a classic) it had to be garaged. that meant a big change, a lot of rearrangement in the workshop garage to fit the spit in. its small enough that i can still ride in the garage but now i need to take the bike off every time and occasionally move the trainer. mostly the setup remains the same but sometimes not and i need to always check for stability each time i set up again.

you are probably right about the back oval foot needing to be there for weight distribution.
Old 04-24-22, 03:58 PM
pennpaul

Bikes: Diamondback Haanjo Trail, Fuji Team Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
mostly the setup remains the same but sometimes not and i need to always check for stability each time i set up again..
How about you mark out with tape on the floor the ideal spot for the trainer? Then you can put it back to the same spot every time?
Old 04-24-22, 05:49 PM
spelger

good idea. i've already marked out the feet with a sharpie and it works well. its just that sometimes the adjusting feet move even though there are locks on them.