Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

New tour video now uploaded

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Old 06-19-22, 06:34 PM
waddo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 41 Posts

Our spring holiday video in Iberaki Japan is now online for those interested.

Old 06-25-22, 12:13 AM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1726 Post(s)
Liked 1,350 Times in 705 Posts
Another well done touring video, Waddo. Will be sure to view it from the rollers with winter!
Old 06-25-22, 08:50 PM
waddo

Not sure what "the rollers" are, but glad you enjoyed it! This several trips to Iberaki show you really don't need to go far from home to have a nice bike tour.
Old 06-28-22, 06:20 AM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 1,016 Times in 398 Posts
Thanks again Waldo. Very enjoyable and relaxing time watching that. I envy all the great free campsites you find. A very quiet breezy campsite on a hill after a long day exploring. Ah, the stuff of dreams.

We often get government run campgrounds with kids, dogs and generators. Quiet by midnight or so but you still hear the highway trucks a few miles away. I had an idyllic campsite on the GAP once but leaned about the railroad switching yard back in those trees on the opposite side of the river. Sigh……

I appreciate your time and skills.
Old 06-29-22, 03:31 AM
waddo

Glad you enjoyed the video. Occasionally we do stay on a (free) campground. Usually there are not many people there and they are relatively quiet--being Japanese. So I cannot complain; but some of the wild camping places I find, shrines, castle ruins etc are just out of this world. This trip was short but we were lucky and so many of the places we camped were wonderful. The Table and Chairs camp for example and the thatched roof gazebo built without a single nail. Japan does have more than it's fair share of ugliness, but for wild camping I am not sure if anywhere is better.