Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Sacrificial Bike for Trainer?

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Sacrificial Bike for Trainer?

Old 10-15-21, 09:39 AM
OldRailfan
Old enough, hmmm?

Bikes: DeVinci, Bianchi, Nishiki, RBSM Mud Adder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 82 Posts
I have a cheap Raleigh on my trainer, nothing fancy but it works for me. That and a hook up to this https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVb...SCqGDs6-_awaDg

It's almost like cycling in Europe.

One of my favourites .../.
.......brings back memories when the road wasn't as well built out as now.
Old 10-15-21, 10:26 AM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 299 Posts
One way to resolve the debate of which type of bike to get for the trainer is to just buy the Wahoo Kickr-bike and then you don't have to worry? Not the cheapest solution though.
Old 10-15-21, 01:58 PM
msu2001la

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked 1,477 Times in 867 Posts
Originally Posted by gthomson
One way to resolve the debate of which type of bike to get for the trainer is to just buy the Wahoo Kickr-bike and then you don't have to worry? Not the cheapest solution though.
Yup. That Kickr bike looks awesome and is likely the best possible indoor setup money can buy. That said, it's $3500 price tag seems really hard to justify. Similar money would buy the $1600 Kickr/Climb bundle and a new 105 level alloy road bike (if you can find one in stock). I have a feeling the typical Wahoo Kickr Bike buyer wouldn't be caught dead on an alloy/105 road bike though...