Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Road Test/Bike Review (1991) GIANT Excursion and SPECIALIZED Sequoia

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 10-15-21, 07:33 PM
SpeedofLite 

Bikes: Litespeed (9); Slingshot (9); Specialized (3); Kestrel (2); Cervelo (1); FELT (1); Trek (2)

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 3,397 Times in 983 Posts

WTB: Bike World issue Jun 1974.

Likes For SpeedofLite:
Old 10-15-21, 10:01 PM
EB_AZ
Bikes are pretty neat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Thank you for posting this article and the other 1991 Bicycling article featuring the Giant Excursion SpeedofLite ! I am unfortunately still a few posts short of being able to post pictures, but I just picked up an Excursion off of Craigslist a few months ago in immaculate condition after seeing it's potential for touring/commuting. I have been desperately searching for more exact details about the original build-out (while mechanically and aesthetically incredibly sound, mine unfortunately came missing a few of the key original details, like fenders, front rack, and sweet frame pump) and was super stoked to see you post this today. Looking forward to building mine out even more now after seeing its potential!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and stack of sweet Bicycling magazines with us all!
Old 10-15-21, 10:49 PM
SpeedofLite 

Bikes: Litespeed (9); Slingshot (9); Specialized (3); Kestrel (2); Cervelo (1); FELT (1); Trek (2)

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 3,397 Times in 983 Posts
Originally Posted by EB_AZ
Thank you for posting this article and the other 1991 Bicycling article featuring the Giant Excursion SpeedofLite ! I am unfortunately still a few posts short of being able to post pictures, but I just picked up an Excursion off of Craigslist a few months ago in immaculate condition after seeing it's potential for touring/commuting. I have been desperately searching for more exact details about the original build-out (while mechanically and aesthetically incredibly sound, mine unfortunately came missing a few of the key original details, like fenders, front rack, and sweet frame pump) and was super stoked to see you post this today. Looking forward to building mine out even more now after seeing its potential!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and stack of sweet Bicycling magazines with us all!
Welcome to Bike Forums, EB!
Yes, the collective knowledge of BF C&V is a tremendous resource.
Don't hesitate to show us your photos when you can.
Who knows what fires those pics will stoke in others.
WTB: Bike World issue Jun 1974.

Old 10-16-21, 11:59 PM
EB_AZ
Bikes are pretty neat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Grateful to have found you all and be able to learn from this community's broad and deep experience in the world of two-wheeled pedaling. Thank you SpeedofLite for the warm official BF C&V welcome and I look forward to sharing my bikes with you all soon!