Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

WTB a Campagnolo front derailleur (braze on)

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 06-08-18, 04:41 PM
*Scuba 
Made in Taiwan

Bikes: Camerotti ti roadbike, Old Sears Free Spirit Tange Hi-Ten Single Speed built from a 12 speed, 1997 Cannondale CAD3 r500 with Shimano 6400 groupset

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had an used 2 speed Campy front mech that they have upgraded from. My friend some how put hers into the big chainring and destroyed it. Trying to source a replacement for her that won't cost an arm and a leg.

It was the previous generation Centaur, I think 15 years old. So I am guessing any MIrage, Daytonna or Centaur front mech would work. Just need one that is brazed on. Looking to spent about $20-25, but if that is an unrealistic price, let me know.

Thanks,
Scuba
Old 06-08-18, 04:52 PM
top506
Death fork? Naaaah!!

Bikes: Seriously downsizing.

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked 615 Times in 275 Posts

This work for you?

(looking for a picture and not seeing it? Thank the Photobucket fiasco.PM me and I'll link it up.)
Old 06-08-18, 05:06 PM
*Scuba 
Made in Taiwan

Bikes: Camerotti ti roadbike, Old Sears Free Spirit Tange Hi-Ten Single Speed built from a 12 speed, 1997 Cannondale CAD3 r500 with Shimano 6400 groupset

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Should work, I love Campagnolo stuff and have a full Chorus groupset on one of my own bikes, but to be honest, don't know enough about them. In terms of the various generations and cross compatibility.

But a mech moves according to how much cable the shifters pull, so I believe that mech would totally fit what I need. If more experienced Campagnolo mechanics could chime in, that would be welcomed.
Old 06-10-18, 10:44 AM
daviddavieboy

Bikes: I have a few

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 104 Posts
If you have not bought anything yet just pick up the same model in a clamp on and swap the mount. Clamp on front mechs are way cheaper and far easier to find

Originally Posted by *Scuba
But a mech moves according to how much cable the shifters pull, so I believe that mech would totally fit what I need. If more experienced Campagnolo mechanics could chime in, that would be welcomed.
Campy Ergo front shifters back then were not indexed so any derailleur will work fine, even a shimano until a proper one can be had.
Old 06-11-18, 10:37 AM
novalyx

Bikes: 1993 Pinarello Vuelta Retroroadie / 1974 Raleigh Sprite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I believe I have a campagnolo centaur front mech if you're interested, but depending on how soon you need it. I'm from Canada and shipping would be killer, but if you're not in a rush, I can probably ship it out when I drop by the US to pick up my packages.
Old 06-11-18, 11:08 AM
cyclotoine

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
The one Top posted might work okay, but black centaur is likely to work better. as others have pointed out, it is possible to swap a cage from a clamp on type onto the existing braze-on type one that was ruined. You should determine how many speeds you are working with (I assume 10) and stick to a derailleur that was designed for that as the cage width will vary slightly and best performance will be achieved with a matching cage. Also, note that Campagnolo made different cages for compact and standard at some points. I haven't been keeping up with what is current though.