Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

vuelta a españa 2022-fantasyland! *spoilers!*

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

vuelta a españa 2022-fantasyland! *spoilers!*

Old 09-11-22, 08:56 PM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
congrats to StinkeWinkeKater and team RotzundWasser in taking the "classic" vuelta! just, and i mean just, stayed ahead of HugoSky and team Banesto Portugal Team by 21 points. well fought, you two! Grain Brain and team Buena Vida Tapas & Sol slides into third by one whole point!

in the "stage hunter" game, completely different ds/squads. canam73 and team the bounty emerge victorious by using all 9 transfers but finishing with 14 unused credits...nice! Shad and team Shad's Mess takes the silver and slcbob/team X Merckx the Spot looks good in bronze.

a humongous "thank you!" to USAZorro who took the time and effort to post all the vuelta stages.

congrats to all that participated and played! there are some other one-day races and a classic to finish out the year but for many of you, hope to see you in la primavera for the giro! ciaofornow!

Last edited by diphthong; 09-12-22 at 12:38 AM.
Likes For diphthong:
Old 09-12-22, 05:41 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 444 Posts
There is still that Superclasico horse to flog for a little bit, but as our host ooga-booga pointed out, this marks the traditional decline of participation by those that aren't zealots or otherwise out on the end of some spectrum. On the performance front, I'm privileged to join him near the top of the bell curve, right around 34k on the stage race competition. It has been an enjoyable season marked by enthusiasm, if not results.

Here's to a solid 2022 in the books and looking forward to doubling my effort in 2023.

Cheers to all "competitors."

Old 09-12-22, 08:59 AM
Shadco 
Resident PIA

Bikes: Gunnar Roadie, Look 765 Optimum, Spesh Aethos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
This was a fun race marred a little by losing 4 from the classic team so early in the race. Stage Hunter on the other hand was interesting I just wish I hadn’t wasted 2 transfers trying to figure out how to bring Ayuso into the fold. Oh well lessons learned.

Hats off to canam73 who blew by Shad’s mess in the end.

will start to dabble in the single stage races going forward since being retired I have plenty of time on my hands.

Also big thanks to USAZorro for putting in the work to compile the stage info.

I don't know where I am now...
05 Gunnar Roadie Chorus/Record
67'er
Old 09-25-22, 03:35 AM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
I am not a Vines fan. Maybe I just have something subconscious going on when it comes to riders with last names that start with V. Can I blame Vino?

you could. say what you want about him but he consistently stirred the gc pot and forced the action more than any other rider in the last quarter-century. if vino was on a cycling bender, there was a solid chance he'd win.
Old 09-25-22, 09:42 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 444 Posts
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
you could. say what you want about him but he consistently stirred the gc pot and forced the action more than any other rider in the last quarter-century. if vino was on a cycling bender, there was a solid chance he'd win.
You were never sure who's blood he was putting to use, but it was usually to good use.
Likes For slcbob: