Search
Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Comete disc track conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-22, 11:02 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Comete disc track conversion?

Same question from me as the Zipp conversion except for a Comete but i thought the wheel may be different enough to justify a different short thread -- Anyone know of a conversion? I just dont envision doing a road TT ever again and converting this might let me squeeze some more use out of it

I tried to donate it to a local junior triathlete and he was mystified at the need to glue on the tires -- sheesh -- kids today

Old 11-15-22, 06:40 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Googling says it's a Mavic 575 hub? I can't find any information on the hub, but a fixed gear conversion kit will rely on some kind of a non-round bit inside the hub to anchor the conversion kit. The 105 hubs had such a feature, allowing someone (name escapes me.. So-something) to make a fixie conversion kit with a true reverse threaded lock ring bit.

I don't know 3D printing or CAD/CAM but I have to imagine that once you scan or measure or whatever the inside of the hub, someone would be able to make an axle with said "plug" along with a threaded bit for the cog and lock ring.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson