Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

My first tandem bike Ibis

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Old 05-24-23, 02:48 PM
AtNjineer
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts

I just got a hold of my first tandem bike. This motivation to get one snowballs from my urge to get my hands on aka make one of those drift bikes. I see them mostly in other parts of the world from me. I asked how they get it to slide they said. They put bike chain on the back wheel. Go figure. Anyway I actually want to tandem it though. I have some friends that want to ride and maybe their peripheral is not what it needs to be when in a group. So I could stick em on the back. I also had been really wanting to sell this electric skateboard I had. So I went on a hunt for an opportunity to trade it for a tandem bike and I landed this one. It rides smooth to me. More smooth than my single seat aluminum frames. It feels maybe not as this heavy as a steel Chicago Schwinn I have here. I’m hoping it’s chromoly. The turning sounds thinner than a standard steel tubing. So I’m thinking it is fingers crossed. Before and after I still have not been able to pin point the ibis model that this any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-24-23, 02:50 PM
AtNjineer
Banned.

Old 05-28-23, 10:14 AM
P.L.Jensen
Pedal Pusher

Bikes: 1970 Peugeot PX-10 single speed - 1992 Ibis Cousin It Tandem - Zizzo Liberte’ Folding Bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by AtNjineer

I too have an Ibis Tandem with the same disk brake… How do you like yours… ???… Ours never felt all that strong…
Old 05-30-23, 12:44 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2493 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 521 Posts
Originally Posted by P.L.Jensen
I too have an Ibis Tandem with the same disk brake… How do you like yours… ???… Ours never felt all that strong…
It's not meant to be strong. It's a drag brake. It's there to knock a few mph off your descent speed when going down long downgrades so you are not constantly pumping the main brakes.
Likes For Leisesturm:
Old 05-30-23, 01:32 PM
CrowSeph

Bikes: BMC SLR01; Cannondale Trail; Lot's of project and vintage bikes..

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 101 Posts
Frame, fade,components.... thats so cool!
Old 05-31-23, 12:54 PM
AtNjineer
Banned.

Originally Posted by P.L.Jensen
do you know what model this/yours is
I’ve tried to find this frame online so I could ID it but no success

yea i too have heard that it’s called a drag drake. It came setup so that only the stoker has control of it. It’s also called a floating disc because it’s loose on the hub. I don’t feel any friction from the design.
Old 05-31-23, 10:27 PM
P.L.Jensen
Pedal Pusher

Bikes: 1970 Peugeot PX-10 single speed - 1992 Ibis Cousin It Tandem - Zizzo Liberte’ Folding Bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 82 Posts
We have the *Cousin It* model…