Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Searching for info on my 80s LO-PRO TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-22, 03:13 AM
barryj75225

Bikes: Current bikes; 2011 Elite Joule Pro Carbon Campy Super Record, 2014 Kestrel Talon, 2017 Custom Populo Sport EBike, 84' Guerciotti TT Dura Ace. 79' Colnago Super Sunto, 84' Meile Road Issue Campy, Schwinns; 88 Prologue & Ontare, 89 Circuit, 86 Prelude

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Searching for info on my 80s LO-PRO TT

I am searching for info on my bike/build. I THINK, not positive, its a Guerciotti TT from the 80s. It didnt come with the original fork. The rear brake cable with housing goes thru the top tube. The brazed on down tube shifters are Campagnolo Victory with the cables going thru the frame also. The rear dropouts are stamped Columbus. The stem is a quill 3T. The headset is a 105. The cranks Shimano FC-1050 and chain rings are Shimano also.
Someone had stolen the bike and stripped the campy parts off then painted it a rattle can Lime Green and added an entire roll of silver duct tape to make grips and accent stripes. I found the rolling bike abandoned looking like the parts I havent listed came out of a bike store dumpster.
Any info or lead to discovery of what exactly the bike is would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Regards Barry
Old 05-14-23, 01:17 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18373 Post(s)
Liked 4,508 Times in 3,351 Posts
@barryj75225's Album:
https://www.bikeforums.net/g/user/553468
https://www.bikeforums.net/g/album/25366042

Old 05-14-23, 09:13 PM
CliffordK

If you think it was stolen, call the local PD with the best description that you have. Or check online on stolen bike registries.

"Funny Bike".

Keep in mind that the fork in front will likely be for either a 24" road wheel, or a 650c road wheel. And then it will have a larger 700c road wheel in the back.

5-speed might not be unexpected, although it does appear as if there is a front derailleur hanger. I've got a curved seat tube on my funny bike, and the front derailleur is in the wrong place

Anyway, it looks like a fun (or funny) project.
Old 05-15-23, 02:14 PM
SoccerBallXan

Bikes: Many!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 124 Posts
Wow! Good on you for bringing this beautiful bike back to life!

I (sadly) agree that the bike is likely stolen. But, after some basic due diligence, you’ll likely have yourself a free and super bada** frame.

I know nothing about the bike other than it’s awesome and I hope you build it back to life. Cheers!
Old 05-15-23, 02:54 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Looks like a quality build whatever it is. The stem appears to be beyond the minimum insertion line. You might want to check that.

Edit: Curious as to why you think it might be a Guerciotti. A quick search didn't yield any Guerciotti TT bikes that had curved seat stays like that one. Doesn't mean they didn't have that, just didn't find any.

Last edited by TugaDude; 05-15-23 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-15-23, 04:31 PM
CliffordK

I can't tell where the minimum insertion line is. However, clearly someone didn't want to ride that bike hunched over like it was intended.

I'd add a much shorter stem.