Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Raleigh xxix

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Raleigh xxix

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-23, 01:41 AM
viducce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Raleigh xxix

Hi,
anybody got experience with a Raleigh XXIX?
Old 04-03-23, 09:21 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked 3,986 Times in 2,661 Posts
What are you looking to know? Kind of vague questioning?

It seems like a neat single speed full rigid bike with some wider tire clearance. It looks like a neat bike and belt drive makes it low maintenance. I mean I would run a suspension fork and hydro brakes but it seems like a decent bike.

I will say if you are buying a new bike don't go for a Raleigh at least not in the U.S. their service and support has gone downhill after they replaced their original warranty team and then got bought out and changed a bunch of stuff. However if buying used it seems like a really cool bike and looks like you can have some fun.
Old 04-04-23, 12:26 AM
viducce

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for the input, just hunting for one with belt drive, got some offers on other forums, but they all seem a bit dubious...
Just like tike the simple looks of the XXIX and with single speed its stays tidy on the bar...
I got the Misceo i11 frame in the works, but I like steel more...
Old 04-04-23, 10:49 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked 3,986 Times in 2,661 Posts
Originally Posted by viducce
Thanks for the input, just hunting for one with belt drive, got some offers on other forums, but they all seem a bit dubious...
Just like tike the simple looks of the XXIX and with single speed its stays tidy on the bar...
I got the Misceo i11 frame in the works, but I like steel more...
Hey don't blame you steel is real and belt drives are super low maintenance. You might look at Spot Bicycles, I recall them doing a few single speeds in belt drive, I don't recall them being steel but still worth a look. Also the Salsa Timberjack Ti is a great bike and I do believe is belt compatible (at least the Fargo is with the correct dropouts so I cannot imagine this would be different?)

Also tons of great custom options from a wide variety of builders if you know what you want.

I go back and forth on building a belt drive fixed gear road bike, I love belt drives but building with a belt means forgoing the cranks I really want and that is a non-starter for me.
Old 04-05-23, 07:15 PM
viducce

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Hey don't blame you steel is real and belt drives are super low maintenance. You might look at Spot Bicycles, I recall them doing a few single speeds in belt drive, I don't recall them being steel but still worth a look. Also the Salsa Timberjack Ti is a great bike and I do believe is belt compatible (at least the Fargo is with the correct dropouts so I cannot imagine this would be different?)

Also tons of great custom options from a wide variety of builders if you know what you want.

I go back and forth on building a belt drive fixed gear road bike, I love belt drives but building with a belt means forgoing the cranks I really want and that is a non-starter for me.
Those are definitely great frames, also have looked at Ventana " El Comandante ".
I just like to get an additional steel frame, if I find a good deal on those more high end frames I certainly will go for it.
Likes For viducce: