Search
Notices
Long Distance Competition/Ultracycling, Randonneuring and Endurance Cycling Do you enjoy centuries, double centuries, brevets, randonnees, and 24-hour time trials? Share ride reports, and exchange training, equipment, and nutrition information specific to long distance cycling. This isn't for tours, this is for endurance events cycling

Fizik Tempo Aliante saddle

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-23, 08:09 PM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 264 Posts
Fizik Tempo Aliante saddle

Any first hand experience with this saddle? I’m pretty content with my Selle Anatomica but intrigued by this one. Or the marketing has grabbed me 🤣
Old 04-28-23, 05:48 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,690 Times in 2,513 Posts
I have aliante saddles on all of my bikes. Not this particular one, but it seems like it probably would work for me. I suggest finding a shop with a test program if you can.
I'm surprised to see they don't have an mtb version of the aliante
Old 04-29-23, 07:52 AM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
I haven't ridden that one, but my saddle of choice is the now-discontinued Fizik Vitesse, which was similar to the aliante versus. It looks like they stopped having a men's line and a women's line and now just have wider/narrower versions of what was the "men's" line (the way Fizik names their models makes no sense to me, there's like fifteen different saddles with the same name). They make good saddles--as always, it's whether or not they fit your body, but I've had mine for ten years now and it still basically looks brand new.
Likes For antimonysarah: