Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

How to turn on Cateye Quick computer

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-23, 07:27 PM
asmirnov

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hope there is someone who can help me with what seems to be a below basic one, but i need help
I have a new Cateye Quick and can't turn on the computer.
So my question: to turn the dial on do i need to mount both the computer and the sensor on a bike?
I didn't think so, i was under impression that i should be able to turn on the computer just by pressing the main top (mode) button o na computer, but i am unable to do that.
I tried AC reset on the botton as well but nothing happens.
Please let me know wat i may be missing.

Thanks!
Old 04-30-23, 09:12 AM
BCDrums
Recreational Road Cyclist

Bikes: 1990 Peter Mooney road bike

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 134 Posts
Originally Posted by asmirnov
Hope there is someone who can help me with what seems to be a below basic one, but i need help
I have a new Cateye Quick and can't turn on the computer.
A,

I haven't used the Quick, but this sounds like a battery issue. The last Cateye I installed, a Velo 7, had a plastic film in the battery compartment that had to be removed for the battery to make contact. They put this in so the battery doesn't run down before the consumer gets the unit. Check for that. Or it's a dead battery!

Good luck.
Old 04-30-23, 10:23 AM
asmirnov

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BCDrums
A,

I haven't used the Quick, but this sounds like a battery issue. The last Cateye I installed, a Velo 7, had a plastic film in the battery compartment that had to be removed for the battery to make contact. They put this in so the battery doesn't run down before the consumer gets the unit. Check for that. Or it's a dead battery!

Good luck.
Thanks, good point, yes!
Well, i did check and recheck, and, by the way, this is the second device i ordered as an Amazon exchange within last week, the first one had the same issue Made me think this is my fault somewhere. So i am going to get a new CR1616 from a store and try.
I was just wondering if the sensor should be installed in parallel in order for the computer to turn on, would not make much sense but who knows. The videos that i was able to get to on youtube on the to setup didn't mention the issue i am having, in all of them they take the device computer and it is already on...
Regards
Old 04-30-23, 11:08 AM
BCDrums
Recreational Road Cyclist

Bikes: 1990 Peter Mooney road bike

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 134 Posts
Originally Posted by asmirnov
The videos that i was able to get to on youtube on the to setup didn't mention the issue i am having, in all of them they take the device computer and it is already on...
Regards
My limited experience with cycle computers is that they are always on. The display may sleep, but as soon as there is sensor input or a button touch, they are awake. I take my Cateye off its mount from time to time and it stays awake.

Is the battery in positive-side up? I know this is obvious, but you've had two duds, that's odd.
Old 04-30-23, 11:18 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
Liked 1,655 Times in 782 Posts
CC-RS100W_HP_ENG_v1.pdf (cateye.com)
Old 05-01-23, 12:16 PM
asmirnov

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
battery issue

Thanks all,
It was a battery issue on both devices that i received, once a new battery was installed the device turned on
Thanks for reponding!
Likes For asmirnov: