Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

Paul Brodie on Youtube

Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

Paul Brodie on Youtube

Old 05-23-23, 11:01 PM
bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1162 Post(s)
Liked 2,540 Times in 1,065 Posts
Paul Brodie on Youtube

Anyone here who hasn't seen Paul's video on fillet brazing might want to have a look. Pros who have their fillets totally dialed might find the video a bit slow and basic, because it's aimed at beginners, but even seasoned brazers might learn a little.
[I'd include a link, but I hate the way the forum software replaces what I wrote with the embedded video, ugh. Just go to YT and search for Paul Brody]

In case you don't know him, he's an industry stalwart from way back, and and a cool dude whose main joy these days is teaching and sharing, so we should support that. Like and Subscribe!! Even if you don't go that far, just watching the video helps move it up in the algorithm, which helps him get seen more by others. He deserves it. Go through his channel, I'll bet you'll find other videos to watch too.

I don't get kickbacks, honest, never even met the guy. Just a fan of his YT channel.

Mark B
Likes For bulgie:
Old 05-23-23, 11:32 PM
psyphr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Seconded! Im not a framebuilder or engineer by any means but Brody’s videos are so therapeutic for me. I enjoy how slow and detailed he is at explaining his processes, as well as his creativity when it comes to problem solving. My favorite is his video on how he designed and built his custom belt sander. So friggin cool! Seems like a real swell guy, too. Hit the goddamn bell for the man!
Likes For psyphr:
Old 05-24-23, 08:23 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,664 Times in 2,497 Posts
Mitch, the person that videos for him, has posted here. I really appreciate that Paul doesn't hide things to make framebuilding look more mysterious. It's refreshing.
I usually learn something from all his videos. He probably single-handedly doubled the sales of nickel silver to framebuilders.
Here is the channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@paulbrodie

Had to change the title of the thread to get his name right
Old 05-24-23, 09:00 AM
Cynikal 
Team Beer

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 103 Posts
There are two videos on fillet brazing and one or two on silver brazing. They are absolutely worth watching multiple times.
Old 05-24-23, 05:40 PM
bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1162 Post(s)
Liked 2,540 Times in 1,065 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
Had to change the title of the thread to get his name right
Whoops! Apologies all around.
Old 05-24-23, 08:58 PM
Oldbill
Touring Rocks

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 16 Posts
I met Mr Brodie at a Vancouver bike swap meet a couple of weeks ago. He had one of his custom bikes on display. Very cool to see him (and his bike) up close. The bike was outstanding ,and yes, he is a heckuva nice guy in person.
Likes For Oldbill: