Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Giant Innova Cross Mid 90's?

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Old 07-31-22, 02:11 PM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 123 Posts

I hadn't picked up a bike on the fly in a while, picked this up this week, cleaned it up, took pics to put it up for a flip, road it around the block and just about changed my mind. Immediately comfortable, quite, and very nice.......just a little small for me but what a nice bike.

Likes For StarBiker:
Old 08-01-22, 05:31 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked 759 Times in 568 Posts
Steel frame hybrids from the '90s universally seem to be genuinely nice rides...and the brand doesn't seem to matter, either. I really like the iCnRnOoSvSa graphic along the top tube! Nice find.
Old 08-01-22, 12:47 PM
StarBiker

If it was only bigger. I just road it around a bit more and it's clearly to small. Peddling my legs feel to far forward. Odd.

But for $22.60 I should be able to make some dough on it.

Now I only have three bikes to sell. Yeah. (I use to flip 20 of them a year)
Old 08-01-22, 05:39 PM
Smokinapankake

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 258 Posts
Sometimes ya just get lucky. I’d love to find a nice Innova in my size. Just to try it out, ya know. I really dig the wishbone seatstays. And that looks like a really nice one!
Old 08-02-22, 07:13 AM
StarBiker

The Frame is 17 Inches, and I am 5'9", so although small it's not that small.

Have to clean the brakes. New Pads.

It does have some wear. It's not mint like that Trek 750 I had and sold like a ...........

I always thought I was 5"11" but I started to shrink in my 50's.....

Last edited by StarBiker; 08-02-22 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-02-22, 08:58 AM
james89

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Nice score
Old 08-17-22, 10:19 AM
StarBiker

Well I put Kool Stop pads, and 700 x 38 Serfas on. I should have went with bigger tires but the Sefas Vidas were just under $57 with Serfas Tubes. Everything else was almost $40 more without tubes. And only one seller had the Vidas at this price.
Bigger tires in the near future.
Bike rides great, but a bit to harsh on the NCR at times.
I wish I knew of another brand that was as good as Serfas. Continental makes nice road tires but I do not think their other tires are worth a damn, and wear poorly. I don't wan't, or need a knobby. Smoother is better.
I didn't want to put to much into this bike considering it's demand isn't that high.

Likes For StarBiker:
Old 08-18-22, 05:54 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked 759 Times in 568 Posts
Originally Posted by StarBiker
I wish I knew of another brand that was as good as Serfas.
There are a lot of great tire brands. I've had excellent service from Continental, Michelin, Panaracer, Schwalbe, and Vittoria. In general, tires with more puncture protection are at the opposite end from "supple" and "compliant". Serfas' Flat Protection System (the durable belt that runs under the tread) likely contributes to a harsher ride than if the same tire didn't have that. You often must make a choice between these conflicting priorities (or try to balance them) to get exactly what you want.

I might recommend the Continental Speed Ride, in 700x42. They run a hair small (so they'll actually inflate up to about 39 or 40mm wide), but they're very light, they're relatively supple, they have only moderate puncture protection, they're foldable, and they're inexpensive (about 25 dollars each).
Old 08-18-22, 08:17 AM
StarBiker

Originally Posted by hokiefyd
There are a lot of great tire brands. I've had excellent service from Continental, Michelin, Panaracer, Schwalbe, and Vittoria. In general, tires with more puncture protection are at the opposite end from "supple" and "compliant". Serfas' Flat Protection System (the durable belt that runs under the tread) likely contributes to a harsher ride than if the same tire didn't have that. You often must make a choice between these conflicting priorities (or try to balance them) to get exactly what you want.

I might recommend the Continental Speed Ride, in 700x42. They run a hair small (so they'll actually inflate up to about 39 or 40mm wide), but they're very light, they're relatively supple, they have only moderate puncture protection, they're foldable, and they're inexpensive (about 25 dollars each).
I have Serfas Drifters on a C-Dale F700 and they work great. They are bigger. I would have bought them but I couldn't find them in 700.
I don't like Continental. I would have to look up the models I used, but they wore poorly. Serfas just don't wear out. I have had the Secas on a few different bikes and flipped the bikes with well over a thousand miles on the tires and they were still in great shape.
I did look at the Speed Rides. Conty has soured me on their tires.