Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

700c Wheel builder retailers?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

700c Wheel builder retailers?

Old 09-16-22, 02:23 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Been a busy year so I haven't been out here much - we are still around. We build a lot of wheels. Today is our 13th anniversary of the business so I figured I would come out here and find something to post about (I mean our business name is from the handle I use here and most of our early customers were from here) and found this thread. Thanks for the referrals!

I didn't read the whole thread as it's starting to get old and I am sure there have been resolutions at this point. but a couple of quick points - rear wheels cost more than fronts. Hubs for the rear are more complex and carry a lot more cost. Hubs account for the majority of cost in many builds. For the record we do single wheel builds all the time. As custom builders we don't list all of what we build on our site.

Thanks again everyone for all the love over the years! Enjoy the ride!

Likes For Psimet2001:
Old 09-16-22, 06:52 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,942 Times in 1,905 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
Been a busy year so I haven't been out here much - we are still around. We build a lot of wheels. Today is our 13th anniversary of the business so I figured I would come out here and find something to post about (I mean our business name is from the handle I use here and most of our early customers were from here) and found this thread. Thanks for the referrals!

I didn't read the whole thread as it's starting to get old and I am sure there have been resolutions at this point. but a couple of quick points - rear wheels cost more than fronts. Hubs for the rear are more complex and carry a lot more cost. Hubs account for the majority of cost in many builds. For the record we do single wheel builds all the time. As custom builders we don't list all of what we build on our site.

Thanks again everyone for all the love over the years! Enjoy the ride!
Timing couldn't have been better. Thanks for the feedback. I will be in touch with you regarding a rear assembly.
Old 09-19-22, 10:13 AM
bblair

Bikes: Lynskey R230, Trek 5200, 1975 Raleigh Pro, 1973 Falcon ,Trek T50 Tandem and a 1968 Paramount in progress.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 392 Times in 232 Posts
Just keeping this discussion alive, as I am now in the market.

Am I a dinosaur with rim brakes? Gee, my bike is only 6 or 7 years old!
Old 09-19-22, 10:19 AM
urbanknight
Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked 1,203 Times in 689 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
Another thing: 32h cf rims will be tough to find. You may need to accept a lower spoke count.
Here are some, but they are discontinued and will be gone sooner or later.
https://www.randombikeparts.com/prod...dc861a8e&_ss=r