Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Looking for a Spinning PC App

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-22, 05:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Looking for a Spinning type app that:
1) works on PC
2) excepts ANT+ (watts, HR, etc.)

Thanks!
Old 12-30-22, 02:16 PM
Black wallnut 

Bikes: Schwinn Broadway, Specialized Secteur Sport(crashed) Spec. Roubaix Sport, Spec. Crux

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 83 Posts
Ummm, yeah okay pick one. Zwift, what was foremerly called The Sufferfest, Rouvy, there are many others. You are in the right forum. Poke around.
Old 12-30-22, 02:46 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,827 Times in 2,983 Posts
Originally Posted by Black wallnut
Ummm, yeah okay pick one. Zwift, what was foremerly called The Sufferfest, Rouvy, there are many others. You are in the right forum. Poke around.
I wouldn't call any of those "spinning" Apps. What does the OP actually want to achieve here? Are you looking for spin classes/workouts or an actual cycling sim? Two quite different things. Also what sort of trainer are you using?
Old 12-30-22, 02:58 PM
Black wallnut 

Bikes: Schwinn Broadway, Specialized Secteur Sport(crashed) Spec. Roubaix Sport, Spec. Crux

Originally Posted by PeteHski
I wouldn't call any of those "spinning" Apps. What does the OP actually want to achieve here? Are you looking for spin classes/workouts or an actual cycling sim? Two quite different things. Also what sort of trainer are you using?
What would you call them? Actually it does not really matter. Both Zwift and What formerly was Sufferfest are app. You use indoor with a trainer or a exercise bike and you spin. Workouts in both have speed/ cadence/ power goals or targets. How exactly is a "spinning" app different than that? Spinnervals predates my interest in cycling. However it was not an app. Sufferfest in the early years was not an app but once they became an app you started the app and spun pedals with targets. Zwift has always been an app unless I am mistaken and you always after starting the app spun pedals, at least in the cycling part.

So how about instead of refuting what my post was offer some constructive advice to the OP with the information provided by the OP.
Old 12-30-22, 03:09 PM
PeteHski

What would you call them? Actually it does not really matter. Both Zwift and What formerly was Sufferfest are app. You use indoor with a trainer or a exercise bike and you spin. Workouts in both have speed/ cadence/ power goals or targets. How exactly is a "spinning" app different than that? Spinnervals predates my interest in cycling. However it was not an app. Sufferfest in the early years was not an app but once they became an app you started the app and spun pedals with targets. Zwift has always been an app unless I am mistaken and you always after starting the app spun pedals, at least in the cycling part.

So how about instead of refuting what my post was offer some constructive advice to the OP with the information provided by the OP.
So spin classes (think Peloton) are the same as cycling sims in your world? The OP hasn't really given enough info to advise what might work for them.
Old 12-30-22, 05:30 PM
Black wallnut 

So spin classes (think Peloton) are the same as cycling sims in your world? The OP hasn't really given enough info to advise what might work for them.
You answer questions with a question. Bravo.

Is Peloton an app or an exercise bike with a multimedia workout? Seems to me to not exactly meet any definition of App. It is hardware that you rent/lease/buy plus a user agreement for content.
Old 12-30-22, 06:24 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 686 Posts
based on the question posed i suspect the OP is asking about something other than zwift, rgt, trainer road, rouvy and the like. none of those say "spin" to me. other than peloton i am not sure what app for a PC is geared toward spin class.
Old 12-30-22, 06:41 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sorry should have been more clear. I have my bike already running zwift and TR on a PC with ANT+ data. My wife wants more of a spinning type class that works on our setup. So no phone app BS and she still wants ANT+ data. I honestly don't think it exists, but maybe it does.
Likes For 0100:
Old 12-30-22, 06:49 PM
spelger

can you say what a spin type app would do? does it need to be instructor led?
Old 12-30-22, 06:54 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah I would say instructor (who just did a line of coke) led. I don't get it, I would rather look at a graph on TR, but my wife wants an instructor.

edit: I have tried peleton but it wont take ant+ data so that is out.
Old 12-30-22, 07:50 PM
spelger

ok. i think that is something your going to have to turn to a search engine to find. any of those applications *could" work becasue they all have workouts. but none have an instructor as far as i know. i've done zwift, rouvy, fulgaz, rgt, and maybe another and none have an instructor. peloton does though, maybe they have something that can be hooked into over the web and she can just use one of those i mentioned?
Old 12-30-22, 09:24 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah going to have to search and see what I can come up with. Thanks.
Old 12-31-22, 04:46 AM
PeteHski

You answer questions with a question. Bravo.

Is Peloton an app or an exercise bike with a multimedia workout? Seems to me to not exactly meet any definition of App. It is hardware that you rent/lease/buy plus a user agreement for content.
While Peloton is best known for its complete bike package, it is also available as a standalone App for use with any bike. But I only mentioned Peloton to differentiate between "spinning" classes and bike simulators. While you may well lump them all together, most people don't. For someone looking for simple spin type workouts, Zwift, Rouvy, Wahoo SYSTM/RGT etc would not be great choices.
Old 12-31-22, 04:51 AM
PeteHski

Originally Posted by 0100
Yeah I would say instructor (who just did a line of coke) led. I don't get it, I would rather look at a graph on TR, but my wife wants an instructor.

edit: I have tried peleton but it wont take ant+ data so that is out.
Yeah I think the power data is going to be the tricky part as spin classes are not typically power based. How about recording power data on a head unit in parallel with something like the Peloton App?
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 12-31-22, 04:27 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah I think the power data is going to be the tricky part as spin classes are not typically power based. How about recording power data on a head unit in parallel with something like the Peloton App?
I think this is the way to go. Thanks!
Old 01-01-23, 09:44 PM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
Check out some of the options DCRainmaker lists here: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/03/...pp-guide.html/ -- there's some instructor-led spin-style options that aren't phone apps. The list is a little old but most of the players are still the same.
Likes For antimonysarah:
Old 01-03-23, 03:03 AM
nicocyclo

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I've Tried Zwift, Fulgaz and Rouvy. The first one is a full social videogame, you have the solitary experience on Fulgaz, and then Rouvy. The perfect mix in my opinion, nice competitions and meetups, but very realistic videos too. There is no way I will go back on Fulgaz when I need a little interaction with other riders to keep myself motivated. Rouvy AR alone wins it over. And if you are interested, there is a nice free trial for you to try out.
Old 01-04-23, 06:28 AM
PeteHski

Originally Posted by nicocyclo
I've Tried Zwift, Fulgaz and Rouvy. The first one is a full social videogame, you have the solitary experience on Fulgaz, and then Rouvy. The perfect mix in my opinion, nice competitions and meetups, but very realistic videos too. There is no way I will go back on Fulgaz when I need a little interaction with other riders to keep myself motivated. Rouvy AR alone wins it over. And if you are interested, there is a nice free trial for you to try out.
I realise you are new, but it helps if you read the thread before posting something.
Likes For PeteHski: