Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Rides and Events > Great Lakes Rides and Events
Reload this Page >

Classic Bicycles Auburn / Aug 26-28 (ACD Museum, Auburn Indiana)

Notices
Great Lakes Rides and Events Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Old 04-05-22, 08:46 AM
alexihnen 

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 472 Times in 200 Posts

I wanted to share some details about an incredible bike show coming to NE Indiana. It's my neck of the woods and so I couldn't be more excited.

//////////
Registration is open for Classic Bicycles Auburn!
Friday, August 26 - Sunday, August 28, 2022
Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum - Auburn, IN

Early-bird registration is open until April 15: https://www.classicbicyclesauburn.com/registration/
More about Classic Bicycles Auburn: https://www.classicbicyclesauburn.com/

The first show of its kind in NE Indiana celebrating vintage lightweight bicycles independently organized and held at the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum. Auburn, IN is a short trip from Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Indianapolis, Columbus, Ft. Wayne, and elsewhere.
It's rare to have a show of this quality and at such an amazing location here in the Midwest. The auto museum is worth the trip alone, but you will experience a world-class vintage bicycle show! On tap is a full weekend of events including seminars, a banquet, bike swap, and more. There will also be a Saturday bike ride organized by Three Rivers Velo Sport Club.

Likes For alexihnen:
Old 05-23-22, 08:02 AM
alexihnen 

I wanted to bump this to start to get a better gauge on who here may be attending!

https://www.classicbicyclesauburn.com/

It’s time NOW to register for Classic Bicycles Auburn. To ensure that this event meets our high standards, enough people need to commit and register before June 5. Now is also the time to reserve your hotel room for the event, so the blocks at the host hotels aren’t released. A large convention arrives the following week.

Classic Bicycles Auburn is set for August 26-28 at the incredible Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, Indiana. Check out its website! Surrounded by the pinnacle of American automobile design, the very best vintage bicycles from around the world will be on display. A local club is organizing rides from the venue, and there will be seminars, demonstrations, a swap meet, and a banquet.

Our vintage bicycle community has had too few opportunities to gather these past couple of years. We hope you will join our expected guests including Rich Gangl, Jeffrey Bock, Mark Nobilette, Wayne Bingham, Peter Gilbert, John Barron, and many others.

Classic Bicycles Auburn is an independently organized event with proceeds benefiting the museum.

https://www.classicbicyclesauburn.com/
Old 07-14-22, 08:27 AM
bamboobike4
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 581 Times in 335 Posts
Probably. I have a PM in to one of the organizers here on BF C&V, have not had a reply.
I asked if a particular bike would be appropriate, sent a pic.
Once I hear from him, will figure it out.
Spoke to Allan yesterday, he's a maybe due to other issues.
Likes For bamboobike4:
Old 07-28-22, 05:21 PM
mikekone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 13 Posts
Contacting Classic Bicycles Auburn

Originally Posted by bamboobike4
Probably. I have a PM in to one of the organizers here on BF C&V, have not had a reply.
I asked if a particular bike would be appropriate, sent a pic.
Once I hear from him, will figure it out.
Spoke to Allan yesterday, he's a maybe due to other issues.
If anyone is trying to reach out to Classic Bicycles Auburn, the best way is direct email. classicbicyclesauburn at gmail dot com should get you a reply very quickly! Thanks!

Mike Kone
Lead organizer Classic Bicycles Auburn
Old 08-09-22, 03:00 PM
mikekone

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 13 Posts
Bruce Gordon Bike Classic Bicycles Auburn

This lovely Bruce Gordon 2006 show bike will be at Classic Bicycles Auburn. The 3-day event culminates with a show/swap on August 28. Seminars/banquet on the 26th - 27th. Richard Schwinn talks about early Paramounts on Saturday August 27th.

This bike has nifty Ti brakes, Ti racks, and proprietary carbon fenders. But - is it as cool as the late 1940's Daudon that will be displayed next to it? For more info go to Classic Bicycles Auburn.

Mike Kone
Lead Organizer
Classic Bicycles Auburn
Old 08-25-22, 06:59 PM
DGhostRider

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Amazing

This looks amazing!! However if I attended it may end in divorce 😂 as I would come home with some crazy expensive vintage bikes!!
Old 08-25-22, 10:28 PM
alexihnen 

Oh sure, but it might just be worth it! (Of course, not really though).

Old 08-26-22, 06:05 AM
futtockpaintbal

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
It's so amazing! Unfortunately, I didn't have time for it but I hope to come to the future event
Likes For futtockpaintbal:
Old 08-28-22, 01:39 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2912 Post(s)
Liked 2,836 Times in 1,460 Posts
OMG DID I MISS OUT!! Hopefully next year I won’t be so in decisive and able to commit to participating. Lots of gorgeous rare bikes, which were very hard to photograph, lots of cool stuff to shop and look at and grest people. I managed to poke CBBill400 with the stay of my YUGE Bianchi parasol and met one of the moderators from FBs Steel is Real forum.

I forgot to get a pic of the sign on the but the stay cap treatment is fabulous as well as the pinstripes.

Head lugs of the previous bike

I stupidly forgot to photograph the wizard.

I tried to lodge a complaint on this “frankenbike”. LOL

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 08-28-22, 01:47 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2912 Post(s)
Liked 2,836 Times in 1,460 Posts
There were some people there from Lieca (Leesha? LikeA? LakeA) cameras and got some tips on places to check on getting some old film processed. I managed to control my spending and only bought a few things including a set of black Dura Ace brake that will replace some DP brakes and not very pretty but clean and tight Sprint RD for only $20!

I almost turned my nose up at these hand turned and finishe wooden $25 valve caps but the money goes to a Police bike charity to support fallen officers families

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk