Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

What's Up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-23, 05:38 AM
Colorado Kid

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 82 Posts
What's Up?

In a recent "Zack G." video, he said that something "big was up at Wabi". What...? New bikes, new equipment? Anyone wants to guess? I know their sales are going through the roof but their product line hasn't changed in years. Colors haven't changed very much too. What gives?
Old 02-13-23, 08:57 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Go to Wabi's Instagram page. I found this...

In collab with @zachygallardo, special Specials coming in April. Details to follow.

Old 02-14-23, 06:15 AM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 147 Posts
OP, since you are quite the Zach fan, why not start a thread for Zach and update it? Just a suggestion, so I can avoid reading about Zach 😂.

Just a suggestion.
Old 02-14-23, 07:20 AM
TugaDude

Originally Posted by Colorado Kid
In a recent "Zack G." video, he said that something "big was up at Wabi". What...? New bikes, new equipment? Anyone wants to guess? I know their sales are going through the roof but their product line hasn't changed in years. Colors haven't changed very much too. What gives?
Yogi Berra supposedly made the statement about a particular restaurant that "nobody goes there anymore because it's always too crowded." Or something to that effect.

The fact that Wabi's are seemingly always on backorder reminds me of that restaurant.

Why on earth would they want to change anything?
Old 02-14-23, 07:58 AM
TugaDude

Originally Posted by Senrab62
OP, since you are quite the Zach fan, why not start a thread for Zach and update it? Just a suggestion, so I can avoid reading about Zach 😂.

Just a suggestion.
I don't "hang out" on this section of the forum but I get the idea there are some "inside jokes" that exist. Regular readers, especially those that have been around for awhile seem to know the people and personalities here way better than myself.

Who this Zach guy is, I haven't a clue. And I'm not motivated to check in on him. Never been much of a Wabi fanatic, even if I do like them and appreciate what they are contributing to the bike community. Their frames look very nice and I heard their wheelsets are quite nice also.

I guess if I were to get really excited about any brand it would be All City as I am a proud owner of a Big Block, the very first version, cherry red sparkle and white socks. Love it. Since it came out there have been several modifications but I like mine just fine.
Likes For TugaDude:
Old 02-14-23, 04:29 PM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by TugaDude
I don't "hang out" on this section of the forum but I get the idea there are some "inside jokes" that exist. Regular readers, especially those that have been around for awhile seem to know the people and personalities here way better than myself.

Who this Zach guy is, I haven't a clue. And I'm not motivated to check in on him. Never been much of a Wabi fanatic, even if I do like them and appreciate what they are contributing to the bike community. Their frames look very nice and I heard their wheelsets are quite nice also.

I guess if I were to get really excited about any brand it would be All City as I am a proud owner of a Big Block, the very first version, cherry red sparkle and white socks. Love it. Since it came out there have been several modifications but I like mine just fine.
Although I primarily ride fixed gear, I too merely check in here. C&V is my jam. Plus this place isn't as busy as it used to be.

The OP has started multiple threads about Zach's comings and goings, and I think a concentrated thread is probably a good idea. That way I can know it's Zach related and completely ignore 😂.

I agree on Wabi. If I was in the market for "another" road type modern fixed gear, they would be on the short list. I've always appreciated them, except for the weird frame design thing they had with certain cranks (if I remember correctly).

I personally feel like All City and Soma are criminally underrated. Both make/have made some wonderful frames. They don't seem to be as popular are some other brands for some reason.
Likes For Senrab62:
Old 02-25-23, 07:21 AM
Atlas95

Bikes: 2015 Motobecane Mirage, 2022 Wabi Thunder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Wabi really needs to add more colors to their lineup. A custom color for $200 is steep! We need more reds and purples.
Old 02-25-23, 03:49 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4346 Post(s)
Liked 3,981 Times in 2,661 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas95
Wabi really needs to add more colors to their lineup. A custom color for $200 is steep! We need more reds and purples.
I mean there are a lot of more custom builders and that is not uncommon pricing. Maybe for a Wabi but in general not so much!
Old 02-25-23, 05:52 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
Chicken butt is always up.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498