Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Garmin Edge 25 and Bontrager Lights

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-22, 02:01 PM
Inusuit

Bikes: 1995 Specialized Rockhopper,1989 Specialized Rock Combo, 2013 Specialized Tarmac Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 278 Posts

The Garmin will randomly turn the Bontrager front blinker off. The prompt to "turn on headlight" doesn't turn on the headlight. The rear red blinker seems unaffected but will very rarely turn off.

Any thoughts? I am old and IT challenged so please speak slowly and distinctly.

Thank you.
Old 07-04-22, 08:55 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6191 Post(s)
Liked 4,807 Times in 3,316 Posts
It happens sometimes. Did your device perhaps do an update? Maybe just do a soft reset or just do a power cycle of your Garmin. If it is a one time thing every few months or years just put it up to gremlins or other mysticism.

If it is a constant thing then that might be something to investigate. But usually that's going to need a call to Garmin support.
Old 07-04-22, 09:38 AM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2238 Post(s)
Liked 3,429 Times in 1,793 Posts
I would delete both lights from the Garmin Edge 25 and start over, adding both simultaneously.
Old 07-04-22, 09:39 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked 1,652 Times in 779 Posts
Been there, done that.
Garmin will claim it's something in the Bontrager light control widget.
Bontrager will tell you it's your Garmin.
I finally gave up, and just set my Bontrager Flare headlight and taillight into the mode I want manually.
Oddly enough, the light on my Garmin Varia responds perfectly to my Garmin 1030+. Go figure.
Old 07-07-22, 08:53 AM
Inusuit

Bikes: 1995 Specialized Rockhopper,1989 Specialized Rock Combo, 2013 Specialized Tarmac Elite

Update and a shout out to Garmin customer service. I spent about 20 minutes with a helpful person. We, or she really, discovered that the Garmin Edge 25 has very limited ability to pair with lights or to delete the lights and start over as Polaris recommends. So Garmin is exchanging the 25 for a reconditioned 130 at no cost to me. It's scheduled to arrive today, so I hope I can figure it out. In any case, I'm very pleased with the assistance I received from Garmin.
Likes For Inusuit:
Old 07-16-22, 03:56 PM
Inusuit

Quick update. I've used on the Garmin 130 on two rides. As with all of my electronic widgets, it has more features than I need or know how to use. It tells me how fast and how far, doesn't interfere with manual on/off of the lights. So I'm happy.
Old 07-21-22, 03:14 PM
Ogsarg

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Roubaix Comp Di2, 2009 Roubaix, early 90's Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 1,526 Times in 551 Posts
I hope it stays that way. I often have to reconnect my 530 to my rear Bontrager flare RT as well as to my phone and my wahoo heart rate monitor and my speed/cadence sensor a couple of times. As noted above, check everything after s/w updates as that often causes problems. I was hoping for a better quality product from a company with so much experience with cycling computers.