Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Great Lakes
Reload this Page >

Conotton Creek Trail (Harrison County, OH)

Search
Notices
Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-21, 08:42 AM
a_d_a_m

Bikes: 2021 Kona Sutra, Ragley parts-cycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 1,242 Times in 336 Posts

On Thursday, I took a ride on the Conotton Creek Trail, which runs between Bowerston and Jewett, OH. It is a rail trail, therefore overwhelmingly flat. I'd heard complaints about its condition in the past, but it appears to have been paved in its entirety this year and is without a doubt the smoothest trail I have ever pedaled. It's about 11mi one way, so it makes for a nice 22mi out-and-back, and if you want more miles, it's a short-ish drive to the southern terminus of the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath in Zoarville. Here are some of the pictures I took along the way.

Big kudos to the Friends Of The Conotton Creek Trail, the organization that handles much of the maintenance and beautification along the way. I got the impression that it's a great source of pride for them.
Likes For a_d_a_m:
Old 10-30-21, 08:43 AM
a_d_a_m

(also, sorry about the huge pics, not sure how to resize on my iPhone / also don't care to )

Last edited by a_d_a_m; 10-30-21 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-01-21, 01:06 PM
Sertsa

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 164 Times in 67 Posts
Nice! I didn't know of this trail. There are several trails, especially in central and southern Ohio I'd like to try. The Little Miami trail looks nice. I've also not been on the Summit County Bike and Hike trail, as I've always gone for the towpath when in the area.

I was hoping to get some more rides in before the snows start, but sadly I'm awaiting a new wheel.
Old 11-03-21, 09:21 AM
a_d_a_m

Originally Posted by Sertsa
Nice! I didn't know of this trail. There are several trails, especially in central and southern Ohio I'd like to try. The Little Miami trail looks nice. I've also not been on the Summit County Bike and Hike trail, as I've always gone for the towpath when in the area.

I was hoping to get some more rides in before the snows start, but sadly I'm awaiting a new wheel.
Little Miami is awesome. I went through on a sunny Sunday morning, and it was rather populated. So if you don't like other pedestrians and cyclists on the path with you, consider going on a weekday. It might be less populated.

I did the Portage Bike & Hike, but not the Summit one. I liked Portage but it's a bit bumpy in spots.
Likes For a_d_a_m: