Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Product Sponsorships for Juniors?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 06-11-21, 07:50 AM
ethanhendricks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is the best way to go about landing product sponsorships for bikes, wheels, parts, etc for junior cyclists? I got myself into cycling and even with funding from my parents and two jobs, I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to find ways to keep up with the expenditures of cycling. I'm currently associated with a junior devo team, but the complete lack of racing last year left us with little to no sponsorship money. Even with the money from our sponsors, we usually don't get free products with exceptions to kits and sometimes helmets. The most we usually get product-wise is promotion codes, don't get me wrong though I am still extremely grateful for those. Along with the question above, does anyone know someone looking to sponsor junior cyclists?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Old 06-11-21, 01:14 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10902 Post(s)
Liked 7,391 Times in 4,148 Posts
You get free clothing, sometimes free helmets(multiple?), and usually get product discounts.
Looks like you are ahead of most any kids who play soccer, football, basketball, volleyball, golf, etc since they pay for equipment and clothing.

Curious how frequently your development team rides- both training and races.
Old 06-14-21, 03:57 PM
ethanhendricks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
You get free clothing, sometimes free helmets(multiple?), and usually get product discounts.
Looks like you are ahead of most any kids who play soccer, football, basketball, volleyball, golf, etc since they pay for equipment and clothing.

Curious how frequently your development team rides- both training and races.
-Yes that is true, but football and high school sports cost much less than competitive cycling. Our team trains 6 days a week together and 1 recovery day we complete solo. During a normal year’s racing season we will compete in one track cycling event and 1-2 criteriums/road races per week. This year though there are much less criteriums so I am finding myself only doing 6-7 crits this year, but still doing about 2 track events per week.
Old 06-14-21, 04:11 PM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,269 Times in 1,439 Posts
IMO, it's the same as it's always been: Win races!

It also pays to be a good ambassador for the team and any sponsorships you already have. Rock the logos at all cycling events, and promote yourself, your team, and your sponsors on social media. Use the gear you want the sponsorship from and hashtag and @ them on every post.