Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

The beast hits 10,000 miles.

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-23, 05:51 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts

We just hit 10000 miles on the tandem we bought it in may 2020. We had one minor Crash that a dog caused us to fall over when we were new at it one where I clipped a pole that cracked my wife’s kneecap that kept us riding a couple months then when I wife had to have her shoulder replaced and that was 4 mourns down time. If
We are feeling well we tend to ride 10 to 15 miles a day and 30+ on weekends. I ride 18 miles on my commute then we will hop in the tandem rain or shine or darkness.I started riding e-bikes around nov 2019 and I have ridden about 28,000 since then,

Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 02-12-23, 07:51 PM
kayakindude

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR600/BioPace, 1991 Cannondale Road Tandem,1994 Giant Iguana MB, 2009 Airnimal Chameleon, 2016 Dahon Vybe C7A

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
Awesome job! The wife and I love our tandems and that's great you ride so often. We took our 2006 cannondale with the 250 Swytch hub out Thursday for a nice 30 miler with the dog. It had been almost 2 months since our last ride on that one, but that's because of travel and a tendency to ride the new fatty's.
Old 02-12-23, 08:16 PM
fooferdoggie 

we try to ride every day. but I made the mistake of getting 3 vaccinations last Thursday and I was tried Friday and the wife and I had to rush to her appointment on the tandem and I. worked way to hard. was so sick that weekend and today was the first day I had much energy but even then I could only handle 20 miles.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 02-13-23, 11:13 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Heck yeah, I am about to hit 4k from 2021! Congrats and 10k more!
Old 02-19-23, 03:31 PM
shabs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
I'm new to biking, I've never seen a tandem e-bike before. Pretty neat!
Likes For shabs:
Old 02-19-23, 09:58 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by shabs
I'm new to biking, I've never seen a tandem e-bike before. Pretty neat!
This is what fooferdoggie is riding (or some variant of it)
https://gepida.com/webshop/electric-...s-voyage-xt-11

But now in the U.S. we have Co-Motion:
https://co-motion.com/products/metolius

There might be some other stuff as well but those are the two I know of that I would recommend. Bosch equipped is ideal for a situation like this. Good and reliable and easy to get service and support for.
Old 02-19-23, 10:22 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by veganbikes
This is what fooferdoggie is riding (or some variant of it)
https://gepida.com/webshop/electric-...s-voyage-xt-11

But now in the U.S. we have Co-Motion:
https://co-motion.com/products/metolius

There might be some other stuff as well but those are the two I know of that I would recommend. Bosch equipped is ideal for a situation like this. Good and reliable and easy to get service and support for.
ya ours is the 2019 model. only real difference is we have the perforce motor and not the cx. but they also doubled the price to 8000 we got ours for 3700 on sale. the mustache is a good choice it was a little over 8000 with the motor in back. would love the co-motion when I get rich.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 04-26-23, 01:10 PM
lex further

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Sweet bike! Hope you will have another 100000 miles with this one ahead. I am also looking for a new ride and considering choosing this off-road ebike. Anyone had experience with this brand or even model? Would really appreciate some feedback, as there is a good discount on it at the moment. Are there some other similar models which you ca recommend in the same price range?

Last edited by lex further; 04-30-23 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-02-23, 06:15 PM
PoweredByVeg

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Pretty cool - that Co-Motion is the trick with the Bosch and belt drives - $17k though, wow.

fooferdoggie what do you think about being an older couple with the tandem? I’m retiring in a few, pulling my wife into the hobby, maybe it would be easier for her on a tandem.
Likes For PoweredByVeg:
Old 05-02-23, 08:42 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by PoweredByVeg
Pretty cool - that Co-Motion is the trick with the Bosch and belt drives - $17k though, wow.

fooferdoggie what do you think about being an older couple with the tandem? I’m retiring in a few, pulling my wife into the hobby, maybe it would be easier for her on a tandem.
ya they did not even have the bike with a bosch 3 years ago. all there was was ours and mustache . ours was on sale for 3800 now its 8000.
myself I would rent or follow a tandem to try out before you bought anything. my wife is blind and this was such a freeing thing for her we ride everyday if we have the energy. even after I ride 18 mile commutes.
Likes For fooferdoggie: