Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Handsome Cycles for recreational biking

Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Old 02-09-21, 08:57 AM
tpadul 

Bikes: 1984 Sekai 5000 Superbe, 1987 Raleigh Seneca Mountain Tour, 1984 Schwinn World Sport, 1978 Raleigh Grand Prix, 2021 Handsome She Devil, Mystery Vintage purple road bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 61 Posts

Hi there, just wanted to share some info about a small bicycle company called Handsome Cycles in Minneapolis. I have had just vintage bikes for several years in fact my last brand new bike was in 1987 so it had been 32 years since I actually bought a new bike. This fall I was on the search for a brand new modern bike yet I still wanted steel and not aluminum or carbon frames. I also wanted to support a small US based bicycle company and began my search. I narrowed it down to Detroit Bikes and Handsome Cycles. I think Handsome Cycles has designed some really nice recreational bicycles at a very affordable price. I worked directly with one of the owners Jesse Erickson and he spent time on the phone with me since I am In Indiana and we talked about what I wanted in a new bike and helped me decide on the type of bike and fit I needed. Shipping was only $50 via Fed Ex. My new Handsome She Devil step through 8 speed was built at the beginning of January and shipped to me and I completed the assembly at home.

The frame is 4130 Double Butted Cro-Mo and weighs in at 25lbs for my 52cm frame. I bought new pedals and saddle as I just wanted to upgrade them from the stock saddle and pedals but you can customize and order a different saddle from them. I also added the copper colored hammered fenders that they offer on their website. Their upright handlebars are their own design from their frame builder.

https://handsomecycles.com/

Likes For tpadul:
Old 02-09-21, 02:33 PM
chefdurfee

Bikes: Peugeot PX-10, Special CNC, Rivendell All Rounder and Riv Roadini, Bridgestone T700, Bridgestone XO-3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 12 Posts
It's a great looking bike, tpadul! Congratulations, winter won't last forever....
Likes For chefdurfee:
Old 02-14-21, 09:59 PM
nenovster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Beautiful bike! Thanks for sharing.
Likes For nenovster:
Old 02-15-21, 12:00 AM
elcraft
elcraft

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 72 Posts
Love the traditional style fork with a sloping crown and curved blades! Very classy.
Likes For elcraft:
Old 02-15-21, 10:38 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3638 Post(s)
Liked 5,318 Times in 2,703 Posts
Really, really nice, congrats!
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 03-22-21, 06:39 PM
bradybunch84

Bikes: Trek Verve 1. Also Lectric XPremium

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Pretty bike. You made me interested in getting one for myself. The Trek I wanted won't be available for almost a year. I am started to look around at other options. I am curious how you feel about your bicycle purchase now.
Likes For bradybunch84:
Old 07-16-21, 12:16 PM
tpadul 

Bikes: 1984 Sekai 5000 Superbe, 1987 Raleigh Seneca Mountain Tour, 1984 Schwinn World Sport, 1978 Raleigh Grand Prix, 2021 Handsome She Devil, Mystery Vintage purple road bike

Originally Posted by bradybunch84
Pretty bike. You made me interested in getting one for myself. The Trek I wanted won't be available for almost a year. I am started to look around at other options. I am curious how you feel about your bicycle purchase now.
I absolutely LOVE this bike!! I find myself riding it more than my others. I have not been on the site for a while so sorry for the delay in responding. I am very happy with my purchase
Likes For tpadul:
Old 08-06-21, 01:45 AM
rumstove
Riding after dark

Bikes: Raleigh Tripper (coaster brake), Raleigh One Way, '97 Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by tpadul
I absolutely LOVE this bike!! I find myself riding it more than my others. I am very happy with my purchase
The bike looks great! How are you liking the fenders? Any issues installing them? I'm having a tough time deciding between Handsome and PDW.
Old 09-01-21, 09:10 AM
tpadul 

Originally Posted by rumstove
The bike looks great! How are you liking the fenders? Any issues installing them? I'm having a tough time deciding between Handsome and PDW.
I absolutely LOVE the bike!!! I ordered the bike with the fenders so the rear one was already installed when the box came, and if I remember correctly the front fender may have already been installed as well and I just had to put the front wheel on. I know the front wheel was unassembled in the box but I can't remember now if they had already put the fender on for me or not.
Likes For tpadul:
Old 11-28-21, 03:08 PM
joneblaze

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Good looking bike - nice colors.