Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Books, Movies, Music & Entertainment
Reload this Page >

Midnight Diner on Netflix

Notices
Books, Movies, Music & Entertainment Do we really need a description for this forum?

Old 11-14-21, 10:03 AM
late

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11146 Post(s)
Liked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Midnight Diner is a Japanese series, with subtitles. Takes place in a little hole in the wall restaurant (there's got to be a million of them in Japan) in a dingy little alley. It opens at midnite, closes at 7AM.

Every once in a while, you get a show, from Japan, on the little people. You know, people like you or me. I remember one that centered around this guy trying to make a living with a food truck.

I really like the show, warts and all. It has a Noir-ish feel to it, but it's different from American Noir. Very light on the sex and violence, just a lot of people trying to get by, and mostly just getting by.

There are trailers for it, but they don't show what I want to show you. This does:
Likes For late:
Old 11-16-21, 04:23 PM
fletcher7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is the rating of this movie?
Old 11-16-21, 04:41 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 486 Posts
Its a really nice series. I talked to someone from Japan who told me allot of the characters coming into the dinner are famous celebrities in Japan doing cameo's...
Old 11-17-21, 07:08 AM
late

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quoted: 11146 Post(s)
Liked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by fletcher7 View Post

What is the rating of this movie?
There is some nudity and violence, but the portrayal of sex is usually demure. They did one sex scene with the camera focused on a lamp, an arm would reach to turn it off (meaning get some sleep) and another arm would pull it back. Another scene was actually hot (only one I can think of), but they were fully clothed.

The topics could be seen as a bit much for a child, but I would see it as ok for a teen. One odd moment was when a young woman worked off her fathers debt as a hooker. I wonder if debt can be passed to children there, that would be weird and wrong, in my POV.

Last edited by late; 11-17-21 at 09:18 AM.