Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Blame it on the long lay-off

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Old 06-24-22, 07:42 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Zipp2001 Carbon Belt Drive SS, Kestrel RT900SL, Kestrel KM40 Airfoil 1x10, Orbea Occam H30, Trek Stache 5 29 Plus, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 867 Times in 443 Posts

I had been pretty sick for about a month and could only dream about being back on the bike. This week I started to feel much better and went out for my first ride Tuesday. The legs felt much better than I expected but keeping my breathing under control was a whole different story. Now it's half day Friday and off for a field trip to a trail network I haven't done since winter, covered in ice. I was so eager to ride that when I pulled the bike out of the car, I put my thru axle in but forgot to tighten it. I wanted to go ride some new trails and about 40 minutes into my ride I stop to take a photo and noticed my thru axle wasn't tightened. I guess luck was on my side and you know I really enjoy exploring new trails.