Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your Ride Reports - April 2022

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 04-02-22, 07:17 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 329 Posts

If you are new to posting on this thread, or if you are new to cycling, we welcome you! If you are returning from a previous thread, we welcome you, too.

This thread is for anyone who rides a bicycle ... or unicycle, tricycle, tandem, etc.

Are you an experienced road cyclist? Do you bike to work? Do you pull your children to the park? Do you ride weekends? Do you spin at home or in the gym? Is Zwift your thing? Do you race crits, ironman, or centuries? Touring? Audax/Randonneuring?
Or are you just starting out and remembering how much fun you had biking when you were a kid?

There are no set challenges - this is a mixed-ability / mixed-experience / everyone welcome group.

Just pick the target that you would like to achieve this month and post updates throughout the month as you work toward your target. We love seeing photos of your rides and hearing all about them.

Given the current situation many of us will be cycling solo or indoors. Don't feel alone! Share your accomplishments with us.

Old 04-02-22, 02:31 PM
NJgreyhead

Bikes: Frequently

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked 249 Times in 129 Posts
First ride on a newly-approved route. Windy day.
Detailed write-up here: https://NJgreyheadBikes.blogspot.com

In Marshalltown NJ

Outside Swedesboro NJ, a de-commissioned Nike anti-ballistic missile silo, remnant of the Cold War

Last edited by NJgreyhead; 04-02-22 at 03:25 PM.
Likes For NJgreyhead:
Old 04-03-22, 03:02 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 329 Posts
Today's ride ... outside ...

Distance: 10.56km
Elevation: 37m
Moving Time: 38:11
Elapsed Time: 38:14
Speed: Avg: 16.6km/h | Max: 29.5km/h
Calories: 197
Likes For Machka:
Old 04-03-22, 04:03 PM
texbiker

Bikes: Cervelo Caledonia Rival AXS eTap, Blue Norcross AL, Lynskey Helix

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 81 Posts
On April 2nd I rode the zuhne Education Expedition starting in Rosharon, TX.I looked up the starting location Thursday to see how far it was from Kingwood. At first I thought about getting up early early Saturday morning to drive to there but then decided to drive there on Friday late afternoon and stay at a nearby hotel. I made my reservation at the SureStay Hotel in Alvin. It’s a good thing I did that because I drove by the exit to Alvin and turned around to get there. After checking in I drove to Freedom Field where the ride started at 7:30 AM. Google maps took me on side roads that I don’t think I would’ve navigated well without the practice drive.

Eating breakfast at the hotel I then left for Freedom Field and ... read more at https://www.texbiker.net/blog/2022/0...e-rosharon-tx/
Likes For texbiker:
Old 04-05-22, 01:01 PM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 397 Times in 226 Posts
Pretty good bike riding week. I went out Monday and Tuesday last week for my after work Davis Is. rides. 27 miles each. This weekend I was back in the Ocala Nat Forest. Saturday I beat the rain and went for a 33 mile ride on some new to me unpaved roads. Sunday was too soggy. Monday I explored some more unpaved roads for 42 miles.
Old 04-06-22, 06:31 AM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2644 Post(s)
Liked 474 Times in 344 Posts
Recovering from a bad crash last week, went over the handlebars in a really stupid way, had no hands on the bars and was watching a youtube video on my phone. Next thing I know im going over my bars at like 16 mph onto tarmac with no helmet. Did a nice roll but my wrist is pretty messed up, could be broken. Was back on the bike monday/tuesday and rode about 40 miles, definitely annoying to only ride with 1 hand. Hopefully not too many people see me in my weakened state, I got passed a bunch last two days.
Old 04-11-22, 09:45 AM
texbazII

Bikes: 2001 Litespeed Ultimate, 1997 Ibis Szazbo, 2021 Lynskey R300/Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by texbiker
On April 2nd I rode the zuhne Education Expedition starting in Rosharon, TX.I looked up the starting location Thursday to see how far it was from Kingwood. At first I thought about getting up early early Saturday morning to drive to there but then decided to drive there on Friday late afternoon and stay at a nearby hotel. I made my reservation at the SureStay Hotel in Alvin. It’s a good thing I did that because I drove by the exit to Alvin and turned around to get there. After checking in I drove to Freedom Field where the ride started at 7:30 AM. Google maps took me on side roads that I don’t think I would’ve navigated well without the practice drive.

Eating breakfast at the hotel I then left for Freedom Field and ... read more at https://www.texbiker.net/blog/2022/0...e-rosharon-tx/
Rick, enjoyed watching that ride,glad you have the time to really get out and interact with fellow cyclist. I really enjoy most your daily ride videos, the amount of miles you ride is truly commendable especially with all your other cycling related activities you participate in. Inspirational Sir, good health to you, and please keep those lazer beam eyes shielded from us mere mortals. "RIDE ON"
Old 04-11-22, 05:27 PM
yaw
should be more popular

Bikes: 22 Emonda

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
no hands on the bars and was watching a youtube video on my phone. Next thing I know im going over my bars at like 16 mph onto tarmac with no helmet.
did you learn the double lesson here?
Old 04-11-22, 06:29 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2644 Post(s)
Liked 474 Times in 344 Posts
Originally Posted by yaw
did you learn the double lesson here?
yeah I need a track bike so im forced to pay attention. Too often im completely zoned out, when commuting and taking it easy
Old 04-11-22, 07:37 PM
texbiker

Thanks for taking time to watch. This ride I found another cyclist riding at the same speed which made it easy to chat.
Old 04-12-22, 08:53 AM
bikecrate

Lovely weather this weekend. Saturday I went for my Upper Tampa Bay trail ride for 40 miles. Sunday was a bit cooler and windy with my legs hurting. I still managed to get in 40 miles on my Picnic Is. to Davis Is. route.
Old 04-19-22, 06:02 AM
bikecrate

Thursday last week did my 27 mile Davis Is. after work ride. Saturday I was back in the Ocala Nat Forest. Extremely foggy in the morning. I think visibility was around 1/2 mile. I was mostly on non paved roads in the woods for 43 miles. Sunday stayed on the pavement and got a flat tire for my troubles. 40 miles total.
Old 04-22-22, 12:21 AM
NJgreyhead

Bikes: Frequently

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked 249 Times in 129 Posts
Did a pre-ride of my buddy's upcoming Batsto 200 brevet.
Detailed write-up here: https://NJgreyheadBikes.blogspot.com

Old 04-22-22, 06:40 AM
texbiker

Yesterday (4/21/222) I rode the Spring Creek Greenway near Humble, TX. Video and more at Hiding From The Wind. Spring Creek Greenway Bike Ride.
https://www.texbiker.net/blog/2022/0...way-bike-ride/
Likes For texbiker:
Old 04-22-22, 06:47 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked 562 Times in 423 Posts
Did my first 50kms of the year last week and a 30kms yesterday... Legs & Lungs are slowly getting back in the game - I didn't cycle at all this winter due to a leg injury. Trying not to compare my current stats with my sept/oct 2021 ones
Old 04-22-22, 06:58 AM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 1,236 Times in 617 Posts
Originally Posted by texbiker
Yesterday (4/21/222) I rode the Spring Creek Greenway near Humble, TX. Video and more at Hiding From The Wind. Spring Creek Greenway Bike Ride.
https://www.texbiker.net/blog/2022/0...way-bike-ride/
Very Nice Ride. Thanks

Old 04-22-22, 07:11 AM
bikecrate

Did my Davis Is. after work rides this week on Tuesday and Thursday for 27 miles each. Thursday I had a rare, for me, front tire flat twice. The first time was a good size screw. The second is a bit of a mystery. I hit an uneven crack in the road and the tube went flat. Perhaps I had not seated it correctly on the first repair.
Old 04-26-22, 07:46 AM
bikecrate

Weather was nice again. Saturday went out to Thonotosassa for 40 miles. Sunday did the Picnic to Davis Is. route for 41 miles.
Old 05-02-22, 11:39 AM
bikecrate

I went for my usual after work ride last Tuesday for 27 miles. I'm kind of getting frustrated with riding in Tampa. The traffic density is getting worse. I had to yell at some red light runners. This is getting too stressful. Saturday I was in the more relaxing Ocala Nat Forest for some non paved adventures. Saw some deer and wild turkeys. 41 miles total. Sunday took a more challenging ride in the forest. This road is pretty beat up and full of potholes. It wore me out. Only did 32 miles.