Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

looking for a seat

Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

looking for a seat

Old 05-11-22, 08:32 PM
cncwhiz

Bikes: Cannondale synapsis, Giant 29r rigid tail

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Question looking for a seat

I have been having discomfort in my crotch area when I ride. I have some cheap santic bibs that I have been wearing for over a year. I just bought some black bib ultras. I don't think this will take away all my issue but it should help. I have a Sella San marcos.the seat does not have a cut away. I have adjusted the seat higher, lower and in between. I lean forward when I ride. as well. I have read several links from other posters and I want to try a cut away seat. I think a Sella SMP would be great but they are not cheap. I looked at the posting for seat trades but have not seen much on it. Anybody have a used seat I can purchase or borrow to figure out what I want? I live in a rural area and our only local bike shop is slowly turning into a bar so they don't have a seat exchange program. I am aware of some other fitting I can research as well but I am going one step at a time. I ride mostly 20 to 50 miles on a ride but am looking to ride my first metric century when I can get my fit better.
Old 05-11-22, 09:02 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
What I did in your situation: Performance Bike has a return policy. Anything you buy, including a saddle, can be returned as long as it is in perfect shape and in the original packaging. I'd buy 3 at a time and sometimes send them all back. I saved everything that came with the saddle. All you need is some zip ties to reattach the saddle to the packaging, never a complaint. I'd wash the saddle and dry it of course. The only drawback is that you have to pay return postage.
https://www.performancebike.com/

One of my little mottoes is that you can't tell if a saddle is going to work for you until after the 3rd hour. OTOH, many times you can tell it's not even a starter just by sitting on it on a stair step, no bike shorts.

Last edited by Carbonfiberboy; 05-11-22 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-12-22, 08:29 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
I watched the sale items at various online shops and got a really good deal on a Selle Italia that was a "opened box" item. Though that was a while ago.
Old 05-12-22, 08:36 AM
timdow
Miles to Go

Bikes: 2022 Juiced Crosscurrent X, 2022 Fuji Touring, 1998 Schwinn Moab (drop bar conversion), 2010 LHT (Stolen)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 95 Posts
Expanding on the post above about performance bike, you can buy a seat via mail w/free shipping from REI, then either return it via mail or at the store in Reno. They don't care if you used it they will take it back within a year as long as it is not damaged. Additionally, twice a year they do a 20% off sale.

I suggest the Brooks C17.