Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Roval CLX wheel convert to XDR driver

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 06-26-22, 02:22 AM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1726 Post(s)
Liked 1,350 Times in 705 Posts

As we know certain Roval wheels for road and mountain use the DT Swiss ratchet drive system. I want to convert the Roval CLX 24 from 10 speed to 12 speed and need to know if anyone who has done this conversion can verify the part(s) and part number(s) for the piece(s) to complete the conversion. The axle is QR.
Specialized is quite mute on the origins of the hub, but is very open about using DT Swiss designed freehub body internals. They do not let on to compatability between Roval and DT Swiss components used on the hub. I know the star ratchets can be interchanged freely, however can the whole freehub body be interchanged?
Old 06-26-22, 05:06 AM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked 652 Times in 367 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
As we know certain Roval wheels for road and mountain use the DT Swiss ratchet drive system. I want to convert the Roval CLX 24 from 10 speed to 12 speed and need to know if anyone who has done this conversion can verify the part(s) and part number(s) for the piece(s) to complete the conversion. The axle is QR.
Specialized is quite mute on the origins of the hub, but is very open about using DT Swiss designed freehub body internals. They do not let on to compatability between Roval and DT Swiss components used on the hub. I know the star ratchets can be interchanged freely, however can the whole freehub body be interchanged?
You can go right to the source. I have had occasion to contact Roval directly and a real person will answer the phone. 1 877 808 8154 https://rovalcomponents.com/collections/road
Likes For Dan Burkhart: