Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Availability of B & B's on the Katy trail in June?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-21, 08:39 AM
gif4445

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Specialized Diverge, Volagi Liscio, LHT, Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

Planning to bike at least parts of the Katy Trail with my wife and another couple the first week or so of June. I've biked it a couple times, once in September and once on a June race in 2019, but have no personal experience with the level of bike traffic using the the BnB's in early June. Anybody have a feel for how the availability of lodging at the Bed and Breakfasts would be in that time period? Just wondering if we should make reservations and if so, how soon?
Old 03-12-21, 11:06 AM
robow

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked 283 Times in 194 Posts
I would definitely make reservations if possible. Because of Covid and the fact that it's not like lodging along the Katy grows on trees anymore. You wouldn't want to roll up looking for a room and find the inn was full and the next lodging could be several several miles down or off the trail. Also, there are at least a couple outfitters that run organized rides on the Katy and they will have top priority and do frequently fill up the available B & B's on the trail.

Last edited by robow; 03-12-21 at 11:23 AM.
Likes For robow:
Old 03-16-21, 07:42 AM
JerrySTL

Bikes: Giant Defy Advanced, Breezer Doppler Team, Schwinn Twinn Tandem, Windsor Tourist, 1954 JC Higgens

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Here's an excellent resource for all things Katy Trail especially the Forums. I agree with robow that making reservations is a good idea. Hermann has a lot of B&Bs and is a very nice town to visit.
https://bikekatytrail.com/