Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Athletic greens?

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.
View Poll Results: Do you use athletic greens products?
Yes, I take AG now
3.45%
I used to take AG, but not anymore
3.45%
I’m considering AG
3.45%
No
89.66%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Athletic greens?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-22, 04:57 PM
mattcalifornia

Bikes: 2002 Eddy Merckx Team SC Resto-Mod; 2019 Ibis Hakka MX; 2017 Spot Brand Ajax Belt Drive

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 192 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Every supplement in the U.S. has (or should have) that disclaimer. The FDA does not evaluate health claims for supplements.

My wife takes this stuff and swears by it (and she already eats an incredibly healthy vegan diet). I'm thinking about trying it, but I don't like the taste (although I can deal with that) and it's expensive. I may give it a go though. Will report back if I do and notice any results.
Old 04-04-22, 05:07 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
Originally Posted by mattcalifornia
I'm thinking about trying it, but I don't like the taste (although I can deal with that) and it's expensive. I may give it a go though. Will report back if I do and notice any results.
If you are needing something for on the bike, then there are many other things that are probably as good or better for while you cycle. And less expensive too. I use Hammer Heed. Others use GU.

If you are wanting something to drink as a power drink all day long when off the bike, then I'll decline on that discussion except to say I generally only drink water or beer when off the bike.

edit... oh, while I sit here this next morning, I realize that I also regularly drink coffee... and hot tea. Ice tea, not so much anymore. That was from my days of non-stop sugar consumption.

Last edited by Iride01; 04-05-22 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-04-22, 05:43 PM
mattcalifornia

Bikes: 2002 Eddy Merckx Team SC Resto-Mod; 2019 Ibis Hakka MX; 2017 Spot Brand Ajax Belt Drive

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 192 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
If you are needing something for on the bike, then there are many other things that are probably as good or better for while you cycle. And less expensive too. I use Hammer Heed. Others use GU.

If you are wanting something to drink as a power drink all day long when off the bike, then I'll decline on that discussion except to say I generally only drink water or beer when off the bike.
AG1 (that's what Athletic Greens is called now) is intended to be a daily nutritional supplement. You drink it every morning -- like a super multi-vitamin (plus probiotics, etc.). It's not a workout related drink. You wouldn't have it on the bike or after a ride.