Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

TdF 2022 is on USA networks

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

TdF 2022 is on USA networks

Old 07-07-22, 01:02 PM
Pinelander
Roadie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 29 Posts
I DVR the race and FFWD thru the million commercials. On another note, I find the camera work to be much improved. For instance, more close ups of gears and such. All this from the back of a MC. Good camera men and drivers.
Old 07-07-22, 01:42 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 444 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinelander
I DVR the race and FFWD thru the million commercials. On another note, I find the camera work to be much improved. For instance, more close ups of gears and such. All this from the back of a MC. Good camera men and drivers.
Improved relative to what? Prior years of the Tour, or other races?

The feed from the Tour is always the masterclass in cycling coverage. A lot of that crew works the other ASO races which now include the Vuelta but not much of the spring classics. RCS (Giro) is a step down but solid. Beyond that, it's obvious that folks are trying their best and aspire to great things, but are still working on it.

It has been interesting to see the evolution of the extras, such as the on-bike cams, the crazy graphics and things, and the recent livecast from inside the tunnel because they hooked up some bandwidth in there somehow. And those extras add a lot to the experience. But I haven't noticed major evolution of the core footage within the Tour itself, since the cameras and gimbals and things are pretty much there as they have been for a bit.
Old 07-08-22, 11:32 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

BTW, I noticed that Ant & Nico are doing the commentary for FloBikes. I get thrown the final k now and then in Facebook ads.

Ant does a good job and Nico seems to be picking it up better than Horner and faster than VDV. I still hate Flo. Though with the GCN outlet it almost always can be an idle, detached hate rather than a burning irritant to endure because Flo grabbed the broadcast rights for something.

I'm having a tough enough time keeping up with all the racing to dabble in a trip down memory lane with Phil and Bobke on Peacock. The big Irishman is really suffering out there.
Old 07-08-22, 01:09 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,662 Times in 2,496 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
Comcast offers the premium version of Peacock at no extra charge to their Internet-only customers. Initially I used their streaming box, but it turns out that's not necessary. Now I use Roku (better picture than the Comcast box) with my Comcast sign in credentials.
I'm pretty sure that's all subscribers using the peacock app, at least we have it on our roku and amazon fire devices and we have internet/cable (for no good reason on the latter).
I was watching the non-USA feed anyway, and there is only one ad, at the beginning. I watched one of the highlight reels on peacock and there were no ads on that either, but you have to listen to Phil and Bob. It's quite long for highlights, but they skip ahead without warning so sometimes Phil sounds even more confused than he does normally.
Old 07-15-22, 07:57 AM
Shadco 
Resident PIA

Bikes: Gunnar Roadie, Look 765 Optimum, Spesh Aethos

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
Originally Posted by DLBroox
The non USA live race and replays have no commercials. It’s been great. And I honestly don’t miss Phil and Bobke.

Phil and Paul were the voices of my summer and I only ever listened to them but it’s just not the same without Paul.
I’ve been enjoying the non USA peacock live feed with Ant and Nico. A lot less nails on a chalkboard moments compared to Bob and Phil.

The only thing that bugs me is agit duze airs. This is an English feed after all.

Guess I’m having a boomer moment every time I hear Ant do that.

I don't know where I am now...
05 Gunnar Roadie Chorus/Record
67'er
Old 07-15-22, 08:06 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Originally Posted by Shadco
I’ve been enjoying the non USA peacock live feed with Ant and Nico. A lot less nails on a chalkboard moments compared to Bob and Phil.

The only thing that bugs me is agit duze airs. This is an English feed after all.

Guess I’m having a boomer moment every time I hear Ant do that.

Are they calling it the Tour duh Fronce instead of the Tour day Frannce, too? Those cheeky lads.
Old 07-15-22, 08:46 AM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 609 Times in 458 Posts
Jealous I cancelled peacock now, Ant and Nico are good. Roche has some neat insight.
Old 07-20-22, 08:10 AM
HeyItsSara
Meet me at spin class!!!!

Bikes: Precor recumbant indoor bike, Stages bike at Equinox gym

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 53 Posts
the last 2 stages are on NBS too. Channel 4 for me in NYC.