Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

1984 Klein Performance with your choice of components

Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

1984 Klein Performance with your choice of components

Old 09-11-21, 10:09 PM
rickm45

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
SOLD: 1984 Klein Performance with your choice of components

I am selling a 1984 Klein Performance with your choice of components for $450. For $550 you can have everything listed below. You can experiment with bike setup, sell the extra parts, as you wish. The cost of shipping (US only) is your responsibility but I will pack the frame and parts at no extra cost. The bike will be partially disassembled for shipping so you will be responsible for reassembly. I will expect payment before anything is shipped.

For sale is a 1984 Klein Performance bike frame and parts to build a complete bike and extra parts that have been previously installed on the bike. The bike has relatively low miles as it was slightly too big for me. I purchased the frame new in 1984 direct from Klein and built it up with new components as listed below.

I am asking $550 for everything listed or $450 for a complete bike (with your choice of parts). Please ask any questions or request additional pictures.

The frame is a 1984 Klein Performance (58cm center-top) in silver with the following components. All of these would come with the complete bike.
- Campy Super Record headset
- Modolo shifters (with the Klein-supplied kit to substitute a standard downtube shifter)
- Campy Nuovo Record 52/42 crankset
- Dura-Ace EX seat post
- Suntour Superbe Pro front derailleur
- Suntour Superbe Pro brakes
- Wheels are Campy hubs, Mavic G40 700c rims, 7-spd freewheel
- Silca (plastic) pump
- Klein water bottle
- 1984 Klein sales literature

As I have duplicates of the following, I am willing to send one or the other to make a complete bike for $450. All the parts have been installed on the bike so they are known to be compatible.
- Handlebar/stem: original Cinelli bar/stem or Nitto Noodle bar/Nitto Technomic stem
- Rear derailleur: original Suntour Superbe Pro or Suntour Cyclone (Cyclone is better with the current freewheel)
- Brake levers: original Suntour Superbe levers, no hoods or Diacompe levers & hoods
- Pedals: original Suntour Superbe or Avocet
- Saddle: I have two Avocet saddles

Last edited by rickm45; 08-27-22 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 09-14-21, 06:19 AM
Bent4life 

Bikes: Bachetta Ti Aero

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Klein Bike

PM sent
Old 09-15-21, 09:21 PM
Bent4life 

Bikes: Bachetta Ti Aero

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
still for sale??
Old 09-17-21, 01:12 AM
rpisg

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bottle for sale? Thanks
Old 09-17-21, 09:08 AM
rickm45

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I expect the bottle to go with the complete bike. I'll post individual components later if I don't get a buyer. Thanks.
Old 02-15-22, 05:01 PM
'02 nrs

Bikes: 1938 claud butler,1983 Basso,teledyne titan,teocali super,nrs,1993 stumpjumper fsr,Paramountain,Paramount Buell(sold),4 banger,Zaskar LE,Colnago Master Ibex MTB,1987ish,.etc....

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked 2,910 Times in 1,472 Posts
klein/

if you still have,velocals just made up these decals for a head badge;

https://velocals.com/klein-badge-dec...se-color-size/